Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Good and available .25ACP/6.35mm cartridges

Good day, all

I am new to the firearms scene in South Africa, and have inherited a .25 ACP Baby Browning pistol that I am busy transferring to my name.

So far, I have found very few suppliers of .25 ACP ammunition available in my area (Stellenbosch and around Cape Town), but am unsure of whether it is because of general ammunition shortages, or if it is always the case that I am going to struggle to find the cartridge.

Can anyone please help me with any information in this regard. If you know of any good brands of ammo to look out for or bad brands to skip that would be awesome. Also, if you know of any shops in the area that stock the cartridges, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

User

Default Re: Good and available .25ACP/6.35mm cartridges

I'm speaking under correction here as I've never tried to buy but I think 25 ACP is a pretty niche cartridge and is unlikely to be in stock as sales volumes are likely tp be low. Have not seen one in use since taking my gran to the range in the late 80's. I'd suggest looking around smaller, older gunshops who may have a dusty shelf.

Banned

It is available, just not in all shops.

I do not think that you would have much of a choice at first. Buy whatever you can get. If you buy regularly from one shop, they might keep it for you. I have used some old ammo from PMP without hickups, as well as S&B.

If you start asking around, you will probably find ammunition from folks who do not want to relicense.

Reloading is said to be tricky

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Reloading is said to be tricky
    I tried once a long time back, to help keep my gran's PPK fed, and the experience was fiddly enough that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with standard size hand ;-)

Banned

Phone GunShack in Port Elizabeth they had some very recently + R100 for Courier Guy it will still be worth it.

I reload for this caliber, and find that case wall thickness is a regular problem, loose bullets are a regular occurrence.
    If I tell you some of the tricks I have used I will invite some activity on this thread

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Phone GunShack in Port Elizabeth they had some very recently + R100 for Courier Guy it will still be worth it.
    Can't ship ammo with Courier Guy

User

Yip, I also reload for it.
    Unfortunately the S&B cases are all berdan primed, so difficult to reload. S&B ammo works great in my Baby Browning though. I have also had great success with PMP factory ammo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Can't ship ammo with Courier Guy
    Perhaps I was once again unclear in my post, I meant for reloading, was on reloading mentally as that was what I was responding to in regard to thread.
    That said PE had a reasonable stock of live ammunition till recently - so I would think its more of a "the times" thing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Perhaps I was once again unclear in my post, I meant for reloading, was on reloading mentally as that was what I was responding to in regard to thread.
    That said PE had a reasonable stock of live ammunition till recently - so I would think its more of a "the times" thing.
    We slowly becoming an ammo shortage place
    These days its who you know that gets you the goods

User

Wildman in Brackenfell had stock of .25ACP ammo when I was there last week, and choice of a couple of different makes. Not far from you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast