Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Good and available .25ACP/6.35mm cartridges

You will mostly find S&B or Fiocchi FMJ.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Yeah, I know it is a niche cartridge, but I have found a local supplier of PMP 50gr FMJ which isn't too bad. The pistol feeds PMP perfectly fine. I have also tried some PMC and S&B ammo, which all seems to feed and fire perfectly.

Thanks for the advice on reloading. I was considering it, but taking the cost and niggles into account, it doesn't seem worth it. Maybe if I can get all the necessary equipment used at a good price, I will take it, and look for some good quality brass. Any other advice on reloading from you old-hands would be greatly appreciated.

So does anyone have any experience with the long-term usage quality of S&B or PMP ammo in .25ACP? Anything I need to know about? Hard primers? Tight cases? Feeding issues?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Janneman27 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the long-term usage quality of S&B or PMP ammo in .25ACP? Anything I need to know about? Hard primers? Tight cases? Feeding issues?
    It seems like you go through quite a few rounds with the little pistol. If it is true, you should worry more about wear and tear on the pistol.

The 1911 pistols were originally designed to last for 6000 rounds, and some Norincos have a 1000-round limit.

I do not know what the design specs were, and maybe they are closer to some .22 pistols which can go on and on forever.

Please keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    It seems like you go through quite a few rounds with the little pistol. If it is true, you should worry more about wear and tear on the pistol.

The 1911 pistols were originally designed to last for 6000 rounds, and some Norincos have a 1000-round limit.

I do not know what the design specs were, and maybe they are closer to some .22 pistols which can go on and on forever.

Please keep us updated!
    I don't really shoot that much. Probably only have about 50-80 rounds through it. I inherited the firearm from my mother, who carried it EDC, but only fired a box of ammo every five years for training. So the pistol itself has a very low round count (probably < 500) and it is also an early model, made between 1954 and 1958, so I would rather keep it in a good condition. That is also why I want to fire only good ammo through it. The barrel/bore is spotless still, and I want to keep it that way as far as possible. The only malfunctions I've had (about five in total) were failures to feed caused by improper loading of the magazine. I have since figured out how to properly load the mags to feed perfectly. I also only load five rounds instead of the six capacity to put a lower load on the spring of my only (stock FN) magazine. But I am busy sourcing more magazines.

I put the components together for reloading, made a few rounds, then sold the pistol. I used Impala bullets, they were the only supplier I could find.

I'll see what I have, and post it here.

I got 97 assorted bullets, and 200 brass, all reloadable, no berdans.

If you interested, PM me.

User

I also have some brass

Banned

I got all my .25ACP from 414gates and Epsilon, thought I had cleaned them out?

Try phone the guy from 480BC (?name) Duanne - find out if he still has or can get the Lee single stage hand held basic original reloading tool.(I do not know what it is called)
    With that little tool you can have entertaining if some what slow reloading while sitting outside or at a bus stop even, a great little keep you in supply of loaded ammo tool. I really enjoyed the absolute step by step manner of the tool.
    Get a medicine bottle size amount of propellant from a friend, a tray of primers and a bag of bullets and you good to go for life.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Try phone the guy from 480BC (?name) Duanne - find out if he still has or can get the Lee single stage hand held basic original reloading tool.(I do not know what it is called)
    With that little tool you can have entertaining if some what slow reloading while sitting outside or at a bus stop even, a great little keep you in supply of loaded ammo tool.
    It is Duane and the gadget is called the Lee Loader. Great piece of kit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    It is Duane and the gadget is called the Lee Loader. Great piece of kit.
    For folk that want to or need to reload hardly ever, that Lee Loader is just so under stated.
    Was a farmer out Paterson way that had a ??? some weired 22 - 30 Savage and like 5 shells that he used to kill domestic free roam pigs on his farm. Said "have not been able to get cases since the 60ties Tree, these are all thats left, had 20 once". He had one of the Lee Loaders and claimed to have used the cases more times than he could recall, never saw a loaded case - when he would need to kill a pig, he would sit down load a case and use it.
    Old Lennie, said I could have the rifle, then handed it in.............................. Box

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast