Default Innovative system to load heavy animals hunted.

Hello all,

I have seen someone that came up with an idea to load heavy animals onto the bakkie by means of a steel construction and a winch mounted on the back of the bakkie.

Is there anyone that have a link to the video or pictures for such a system.

The issue is that we often have to load BWB and other heavy animals onto vehicles and we may not have the manpower to do this. (International Hunters)

Need some invention here…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Default Re: Innovative system to load heavy animals hunted.

Have you seen the conveyor "sleigh" system?

The farmer took a length of conveyor belt, and tows it behind a bakkie.

Roll the animal onto it, and off you go.

Xxx

The winch system depends on the vehicle and its accessories.

One can use the bakkie winch over a system of pulleys and rollers to the back of the vehicle. However, I have heard of damage to vehicles due to the cable climbing off the rollers, or due to brackets and frames buckling or breaking.

An easier method which I have seen was a sturdy frame built from angle iron in a U-shape, and bolted to the top of the loading bin behind the cab. Near one corner, the hand winch was attached to this frame and the cable ran with a single pulley to the rear of the vehicle. The farmer had a ladder-like frame which lay loose in the back of the vehicle. This frame was pulled down, hooked over the latch and served as a slide for the animal.

Goeimore Ds J.

Do you perhaps have photo’s or something of this system you refer to?

I am sure i once saw a video of such a system that the guy made and mounted onto a old hilux double cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Unfortunately not.

Please send a WhatsApp to 0 7 2 2 3 3 6 4 4 5.

I'll send a sketch.

User

I have an Ironman 12000lbs winch mounted to the cattle rails behind my hunting bakkie's (an old d/c Land cruiser) cab. The tailgate drop to a 45° angle. I can, and often do, load large antelope up to the size of a fully grown eland bull by myself provided I can drive up to the animal.
    I do this by looping the winch rope around the animals neck and winching the head as close to the cab as I can. I then tie the head to the rails behind the cab, with a separate rope, spool out the winch rope again, tie it to one of the hind legs and winch the animal in by the hind leg.

With trophy animals, you need to take extra care when doing this, not to ruin the trophy.

Banned

Video below to show principle. Usually the rear gate is made to fall backwards and rollers are placed horizontally so that they assist when the animal is pulled onto the bed.

User

We used to load cattle with two poles as skids from the ground to the load body and a block and tackle fastened to the roll bar. Extra staff used ropes to pull or hold the animal in place. It is not a permanent fixture and only has to be connected when needed.

Tied the chain to the hind legs and pulled.

We used that for years with no issue.

User

The system they used on the farm we hunted this year is similar to the one you describe, here is two photos, hope it helps a bit.

F0ADD8EB-5B27-4EFC-BE87-9FD5B1432B68.jpeg ACE461E1-0A4E-4BCF-BC6E-717680495647.jpeg

User

I have an ATV winch in the back of the bakkie. The rear gate on the hunting rig can come off and be used as a ramp.
    Loads Buffalo no problems
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Banned

I built my own tail gate which comes off completely and hooks onto load body, serves as a ramp. I have a 750kg hand operated winch which bolts on roll bar and 100 m of ski rope with which I and my son load pretty much anything from when he was bout 6/7 years old, was not always easy. Now as a 13 year old assisting me, even Water Buck are a breeze.
    I have a 100 m of rope in 50 m, 25 m and 25 m again which we use to fetch Kudu in the thickest stuff, Cody and I. If I can get within 100 m of animal I will winch it out the thickest bush with that winch and Cody steering it, sometimes 2/3 hours work and rest to get it to the bakkie - winch, fill winch, run rope out use shorter rope, fill winch, run rope out, use shorter rope.

I am at present trying to figure a over center arm system to lift past end of load body upwards and then fold over onto bakkie.