Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Courteney Boots

User

Default Courteney Boots

Those of you using them, are they really worth the money???

They are more expensive than Gore Tex lined boots or the “premium” brands, like Merrell, Salomon, etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Courteney Boots

IMO they aren't really directly comparable to the 'modern' boots. Kind of like the difference between an 80 series Landcruiser and a new Hilux 4x4. They do the same thing more or less but focus on different elements of how to get it done.

User

Courteney boots are seriously good quality boots!
    I own a pair of Safari boots and a pair of low vellies and had to leave another pair of Safaris in camp in Tanzania in 2007 when I made a run to get out after picking up work permit issues.
    If you're a serious hunter, invest in a pair! They last very long if looked after and backup service like re-soling is great.
    The tyre tread sole grips well, but picks up stones and mud. The ripple sole stays clean, but grip is compromised a bit.
    I am going to re-sole my Safaris to the ripple sole when the time comes.

User

If you want forever boots yes.

If you need cushioning (no cushioning in the insole, midsole or outsole) and/or goretex no.

They are spartan.

User

I have a pair of the safaris and 2 pairs of their vellies… one pair has done most of my backpack trails for the last 5 years and still going strong…

I wont buy any other boots, but i did manage to get them in zim (ie not safari outdoor prices)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

When I needed a pair of boots, I considered the Courtney’s. In the end, I decided on a pair of Lason leather boots.

While I have never worn Courtney’s, I feel like with the Lason’s I am getting just about the same thing, but for a fraction of the cost. You could own 4 or 5 pairs of Lason’s for the same price as a pair of Courtney’s. To me, that means on a hunting trip and you get your feet on day one, you can have a fresh pair ready the next day.

I’ve worn the Lason’s every working day for about 18 months. Excellent locally produced product at an excellent price.

Considering the available alternatives, I don’t understand the hype around the Courtney’s, taking into account the price.

User

I have a few pairs , they are great however i have come to the following conclusion .
    THEY HAVE NO PLACE OUTSIDE OF LIMPOPO OR ZIM where the bush is sandy and ankle support is not needed . This is obviously for my feet and I can’t speak for all.

I hunted in Namibia several years ago where we climbed several koppies and I discovered this then , i then bought a pair of Lowa boots that offered me ankle support.

last week i hunted in the Eastern Cape and took my Courtneys , i was suddenly reminded why they have no place outside of Limpopo and the softer sand .

I agree with you on the ankle support. After a days hunting in ploughed lands and river banks
    the strain on your ankles is severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    a pair of Lason leather boots...
    Which model as a matter of interest?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    Which model as a matter of interest?
    The Hamba Boot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast