Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Banned

Default Re: My hunting dog FARTS, it really farts. REALLY

The dog has been on the Royal canine for 4 days so far, it still get some specials simply because its such a cute little thing. The problem is either gone or so much better that you would believe it to be gone.

The thing is I have now read up much further on subject and dogs can eat pretty much what we eat, but quantity and specific dog is a very big factor.
    Was reading that even bananas are are good for dogs, but not as a constant food.

I think the biggest dog food problem, even with good foods is that we feed same stuff over and over for years, if there is any slight allergy or irritation factor it is just magnified over time x for ever.

I believe my original theory of different dog foods being a good idea is still correct.

The Royal canine seems to work, now to find another brand as well.

I must state again, that this thing of feeding your dog the same formula day after day week after week year after year is likely half of almost every dogs issues - compounded reactions.
    Say you allergic to tomato's, causes a slight swelling of your body, but every single day you get fed a micro dosage of tomato in your only food source - will that swelling still be a slight swelling?

Problem is dog foods are only economical in 1 month + size bags.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    The dog has been on the Royal canine for 4 days so far, it still get some specials simply because its such a cute little thing. The problem is either gone or so much better that you would believe it to be gone.

The thing is I have now read up much further on subject and dogs can eat pretty much what we eat, but quantity and specific dog is a very big factor.
    Was reading that even bananas are are good for dogs, but not as a constant food.

I think the biggest dog food problem, even with good foods is that we feed same stuff over and over for years, if there is any slight allergy or irritation factor it is just magnified over time x for ever.

I believe my original theory of different dog foods being a good idea is still correct.

The Royal canine seems to work, now to find another brand as well.

I must state again, that this thing of feeding your dog the same formula day after day week after week year after year is likely half of almost every dogs issues - compounded reactions.
    Say you allergic to tomato's, causes a slight swelling of your body, but every single day you get fed a micro dosage of tomato in your only food source - will that swelling still be a slight swelling?

Problem is dog foods are only economical in 1 month + size bags.
    Great news... happy dog, happier owner!!!

Your last comment is very true, and I think it also applies to humans too. I have embarked on a number of foraging expeditions looking for veld food, and the one thing that strikes me always is how seasonal plant based foods are. I think food allergies and intolerances would be a lot less common if people ate more seasonally, for e.g. if we only ate wheat for one or two months of the year, the same with dairy products, potatoes, soya, sugar, rice and maize. We would also very soon discover what triggers reactions such as IBS, lower back pain, snoring and nasal congestion and know what to avoid, because the condition would go away with the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    Great news... happy dog, happier owner!!!

Your last comment is very true, and I think it also applies to humans too. I have embarked on a number of foraging expeditions looking for veld food, and the one thing that strikes me always is how seasonal plant based foods are. I think food allergies and intolerances would be a lot less common if people ate more seasonally, for e.g. if we only ate wheat for one or two months of the year, the same with dairy products, potatoes, soya, sugar, rice and maize. We would also very soon discover what triggers reactions such as IBS, lower back pain, snoring and nasal congestion and know what to avoid, because the condition would go away with the season.
    this is subject on its own, there is a whole following study thing on the subject, main study being that we now get everything all the time and its not good.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7