Default How long must i wait ?

Hi Gun lovers and fellow SA citizens so my story is no different to the 10000 posts on here but im giving it a shot "pun intended".

April of this year did my firearm course through a very reputable and established organization and believed everything good in life costs just that little extra.

So my file is sent i get my sms and competency nr and im told both by the institution and SAPS dont phone us we will phone you next year.

I laughed it off and went on so at the 60 day mark i start shopping and do some range shooting to make sure i buy the right gun.

Day 90 and yes working days not calendar days i thought let me see where it is only to find out its still at North West Provincial DFO and they have not processed anything and wont be doing so soon.

I finally get helped by a semi helpful DFO officer and goes as far as giving me her nr so she can send me some photos.

See them attached…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33db80a2-f92a-45f2-bbb6-71fd8a02f631.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	33717

So i was asked politely to stop calling and make peace with it wont happen this year maybe .. maybe next year.

This cant be acceptable right guys?

O and FYI based in Rustenburg and Provincial DFO is in Potchefstroom.

Very deflated and gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheTank145 View Post
    Hi Gun lovers and fellow SA citizens so my story is no different to the 10000 posts on here but im giving it a shot "pun intended".

April of this year did my firearm course through a very reputable and established organization and believed everything good in life costs just that little extra.

So my file is sent i get my sms and competency nr and im told both by the institution and SAPS dont phone us we will phone you next year.

I laughed it off and went on so at the 60 day mark i start shopping and do some range shooting to make sure i buy the right gun.

Day 90 and yes working days not calendar days i thought let me see where it is only to find out its still at North West Provincial DFO and they have not processed anything and wont be doing so soon.

I finally get helped by a semi helpful DFO officer and goes as far as giving me her nr so she can send me some photos.

See them attached…

So i was asked politely to stop calling and make peace with it wont happen this year maybe .. maybe next year.

Very deflated and gutted

That sucks man, but will be worth it in the end.

Saw a note from SAGA saying it will be addressing delays formally and in the interim members should let them know if they are having issues. Maybe consider joining (if you are not already a member) and see if they can assist.

GOSA may be another option to try.

It is not acceptable. Don't have it off hand but there is also a cfr email where you can submit a complaint after 90 working days.

All the best.

User

Default Re: How long must i wait ?

As I recall they have a legal obligation to process your application within 120 days, after that you can start escalating the matter, but they may just throw the COVID excuse around. As MoS says join SAGA or GOSA and see if they can assist. I think the Silver membership at GOSA gives you a subsidised access to legal assistance for matters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post
    That sucks man, but will be worth it in the end.

Saw a note from SAGA saying it will be addressing delays formally and in the interim members should let them know if they are having issues. Maybe consider joining (if you are not already a member) and see if they can assist.

GOSA may be another option to try.

It is not acceptable. Don't have it off hand but there is also a cfr email where you can submit a complaint after 90 working days.

All the best.
    Thanks Joined GOSA and Process has started finding it hard to join SAGA site not too user friendly

User

Looks like the DFO's office?

They don't even have the decency or pride to hold up apps out of sight or at provincial. Daai berg maak my hartseer!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Looks like the DFO's office?
    Jip that is correct

You are lucky that your competency has been approved so quickly. I handed mine in on the 11th of January its now only sitting "At Conpetency Section". All in all you got it better than some of unlucky buggers

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

See them attached…

Very deflated and gutted

Are most of those amnesty apps piled up?