Thread: Correct DFO

Default Correct DFO

Hi everyone

I have two questions one, is can you go to any police station to submit your competency application.

I live in weltevredenpark about 2 mins from Fairlands police station. But technically I fall under Honeydew SAPS.

Question two pending relevance base off of answer to first question what is everyone's feedback with regards to the two(Honeydew and Fairlands SAPS with regards to licensing)?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Correct DFO

So i have been where you are about 3 weeks back. Also in welties.

Fairlands will show you away because you have to go to the DFO your area falls under. the grey area here is that you can either go to roodepoort saps or honeydew. i opted to go to honeydew based on recommendations by few friends and family as roodepoort is just terrible. (I had to get my Police clearance done there)

Honeydew was okay. i submitted my application and was processed within 5 days and sent to provincial. the thing with honeydew is - you need to be there REALLY early. as they are very slow. but wasn't too bad of an experience. make sure your spouse(partner/wife/husband) is there with you. they want your partner with you along with the reference letters.

Quote Originally Posted by s1llyb3ar View Post
    So i have been where you are about 3 weeks back. Also in welties.

Fairlands will show you away because you have to go to the DFO your area falls under. the grey area here is that you can either go to roodepoort saps or honeydew. i opted to go to honeydew based on recommendations by few friends and family as roodepoort is just terrible. (I had to get my Police clearance done there)

Honeydew was okay. i submitted my application and was processed within 5 days and sent to provincial. the thing with honeydew is - you need to be there REALLY early. as they are very slow. but wasn't too bad of an experience. make sure your spouse(partner/wife/husband) is there with you. they want your partner with you along with the reference letters.
    Thank you for the advice I probably would of tried fairlands.
    I think it's crazy they don't issue an appointment slot if your spouse or partner has to accompany you.
    Completed my competency at safari outdoor yesterday.
    Waiting for the results to start the long wait process.
    Would you by any chance be willing to share your character reference examples?

User

Yeah sure bud, i'll pm you

Quote Originally Posted by s1llyb3ar View Post
    Yeah sure bud, i'll pm you
    Thank you.