Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Competency references

I was given this sample by my DFO.
    Yes, a bad sample, but he reckons it is sufficient.

Sent from my Nokia 5.4 using Tapatalk

I just want to say massive thank you to everyone who helped me out.im hoping to get my Proficiency results in the next few day.
    Hope by this time next week my application will be handed in.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    My DFO doesn't accept letters, all they accept is a SAPS 86 form.

IMHO it's also much simpler, no flowery language involved where your friends describe your zen like calm demeanor. Simple yes/no answers.

This is the only link I can find.

https://firearmmotivations.co.za/wp-...References.pdf

Otherwise google 'saps 86 questionaire for references'
    I wish I lived in your area, no way in hell Roodepoort police station will ever accept any written character references or a SAPS 86 form. In person face to face interviews only.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    I wish I lived in your area, no way in hell Roodepoort police station will ever accept any written character references or a SAPS 86 form. In person face to face interviews only.
    That's crazy.
    I know my wife has to come in.
    My issue with this is people have jobs.You cannot expect people to give up their time during working hours without an appointment. Or ability to come during the weekend or a Zoom call.
    But the system is the system not going to change that.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Ha! this was one of the motivators why i went to Honeydew rather. How the hell do you get all your references there at the same time. Funny thing is though the DFO literally asked my wife 2 questions: 1. Am i violent 2. Does she support me getting a FA.

like the f.u.c.

User

Quote Originally Posted by s1llyb3ar View Post
    Ha! this was one of the motivators why i went to Honeydew rather. How the hell do you get all your references there at the same time. Funny thing is though the DFO literally asked my wife 2 questions: 1. Am i violent 2. Does she support me getting a FA.

like the f.u.c.
    I know it’s less than 5 minutes, took me three (3) weeks to get my “people” there one person per week was the only way I could arrange it, because I to work shifts. Then the SGT has the nerve to ask me why can’t I just bring all three people at once ? I was so frustrated it felt like I could grab someone off the street just outside the police station to give me a reference.

Hectic! What a mission. I had to get my wife to come in for my first competency app, for further competency they didn't ask.

So essentially you have to convince a friend to take half a day of work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2