User

Default Scope question.. non parallax adjust type

So I discovered while cleaning one of my rifles the other day that the front part of the scope (sun shield?) Comes off.. I further discovered that the 'front lens" can also be twisted 'in and out"..

What effect does this have ?
    Should I not be playing with this?
    I noticed that later the rifle shot to a totally different point of aim, so I'm guessing I 'adjusted' something?

Please help !. Put me on the correct path!

Many thanks in advance

Default Re: Scope question.. non parallax adjust type

What make scope is this and what model? Some air rifle/ rim fire scopes have front parallax adjustment. It may be one of these. While this adjustment shouldn’t much affect your actual POi, it will give a wide group, as off-center eyeline will be amplified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If it is an Adjustable Objective scope, then it's your paralax adjustment and should be marked on the objective. If it's the lense itself, then you have unscrewed the front lock ring and are now moving the lense in the lense carrier. This will also adjust paralax (it's where the manufacturer "sets" the fixed paralx distance in the factory). Wouldn't fiddle with it, as you could allow the nitrogen escape(if it's a nitrogen purged scope) and moisture to enter the scope.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

thanks guys - its a nikko sterling fixed 8 power - no idea of the model( will have to have a look ) - brought it back from Oz in 2005 !

hope i haven't poked it ! I didn't screw it all the way out! so it should hopefully be ok.

yes it did seem slightly cleared to my furry old eyes -

will get it our tomorrow and have an inspection - thanks once again !