Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Gun laws in Namibia

I see we have some shooters from Namibia (Gunsite is geting around!). happy0065

Hopefully they have not yet been scared away from the site ;D

So, what are the laws on firearms and shooting in Namibia?

User

Default Re: Gun laws in Namibia

Shooter,

The law on this stage is still very happy go lucky (hope that it will stay this way)

We still get license in anytime from 3 weeks to 3 months average. On this stage the police have issues regarding licensing semi-autos.

A normal license holder can get 4 weapons. Then you can apply for a sportsmans,collector or hunters (basically only professional hunters) certificates, which can open allot of doors for you regarding the amount of firearms per person.

Sometimes the licensing of firearms take abit longer, but we don not have the problems that you guys have.

"My hart bloei vir julle"

User

Quote Originally Posted by PMC
    Shooter,

The law on this stage is still very happy go lucky (hope that it will stay this way)

We still get license in anytime from 3 weeks to 3 months average. On this stage the police have issues regarding licensing semi-autos.

A normal license holder can get 4 weapons. Then you can apply for a sportsmans,collector or hunters (basically only professional hunters) certificates, which can open allot of doors for you regarding the amount of firearms per person.

Sometimes the licensing of firearms take abit longer, but we don not have the problems that you guys have.

Thanks.

So are you guys limited to types of weapons (in that 4)?

Can you carry a gun in public? Any ammo limits?

confused0083 seems like our gov borrowed your 4 gun limit, or is it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by PMC
    Shooter,

Thanks.

So are you guys limited to types of weapons (in that 4)?

Can you carry a gun in public? Any ammo limits?

confused0083 seems like our gov borrowed your 4 gun limit, or is it the other way around?

Four gun limit. Two handguns, two longs. Or one short, three long. Or 4 longs. One gun only for SD. 200 round limit per licence. You can carry concealed.

Dedicated sportsmen and hunters dont have gun or ammo limits.

Can you carry in Nam?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Only concealed Carry are allowed...

4 guns are basically One Handgun, One Shotgun and two Hunting rifles.. the "Normal" (ie, not Sportsman or Collector / Hunter) are not allowed more than one Handgun...

Currently i have three semi's on my name (a LM4, FN-FAL and SKS) and justified the licenses with the different classes in IPSC Shooting.

Hopefully our Government will not copy your Government's law.. we are holding thumbs..

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBoesman
    Only concealed Carry are allowed...

4 guns are basically One Handgun, One Shotgun and two Hunting rifles.. the "Normal" (ie, not Sportsman or Collector / Hunter) are not allowed more than one Handgun...

Currently i have three semi's on my name (a LM4, FN-FAL and SKS) and justified the licenses with the different classes in IPSC Shooting.

Hopefully our Government will not copy your Government's law.. we are holding thumbs..
    I was under the impression that the laws were tougher there in Namibia. So, do you have to prove a "need" for, for instance, self-defence? Are the licences valid for life?

User

do you require competency certificates? Wat are the lawes pertaining to SD? Do you have to motivate your licences?

User

Luckily we do not require Competency test and certificates and that type of sh1t here.. yet..

Licenses are valid for life, at this point in time...

Most licenses they require some sort of motivation, but you can get away with the normal SD story, just don't tell them you "want to protect your property" 'cause then the ask you if you have no insurance on your property.. as if...

Luckily we don't have a lot of armed robberies and hijackings here... so, SD is not THAT big a issue...

There was a armed robbery in Whindhoek about two weeks ago, but our "Special Field Force" (a division of our "Army" as they call themselves patrolling the streets) was on top of them within minutes.. long and short is that they (the Field Force) captured all those they did not kill.. and the Field Force were cheered on the the public!!

User

if namib wasnt so blady hot and dry i would probibly move...

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBoesman
    Luckily we do not require Competency test and certificates and that type of sh1t here.. yet..

Licenses are valid for life, at this point in time...

Most licenses they require some sort of motivation, but you can get away with the normal SD story, just don't tell them you "want to protect your property" 'cause then the ask you if you have no insurance on your property.. as if...

Luckily we don't have a lot of armed robberies and hijackings here... so, SD is not THAT big a issue...

There was a armed robbery in Whindhoek about two weeks ago, but our "Special Field Force" (a division of our "Army" as they call themselves patrolling the streets) was on top of them within minutes.. long and short is that they (the Field Force) captured all those they did not kill.. and the Field Force were cheered on the the public!!

Good to hear! Seems like your gov is not so anti-gun as ours. happy0065

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast