Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Need help pricing a hunt I have been tasked with.

What is this worth?

One Water Buck Bull - the one you get, except for one specific animal its your luck, some monsters about sometimes, but usually average nice bulls. The hunt is usually drive to points and walk stalk a area - drive to far point, walk stalk another area later.

At night there will be less of a hunt than a shoot for bush pig, due to time restraints and not being able to hunt all night and then all day + the farmer wanting a result.

Its relatively rough stuff, we camp in the bush on a hill overlooking the Algoa Bay , with some views at night to make even Messor all romantic. I usually sleep on the bakkie and there is a old wagon like thing with a canvas over it that is used when the mood arises. Most folk just sleep on the ground at fire on this farm.

So its a out in bush sleep on ground Friday/Saturday, bring all you need to stay happy.
    The farm has no cooler room, so its a case of after W/Buck is shot things need to start preparing for heading to your butcher.
    This will be the first paying client on the farm as they have never had a interest in hunting on this farm, this hunt is to try finance a cooler room for farmers son who is the first hunter on the farm. Its also his 17 year old big business venture plans, tolerated by his parents in the interest of his growing up.

The way we do it has worked to date, with us not losing a animal to date, it just means if you get a pig Friday, and a W/buck Saturday, Saturday afternoon you preferably head home to your chosen butcher.

I wish to state that this will be done on a basis of 30% of total is payable whether you get your animal or animals or not.
    The full amount is payable if you get a Water Buck the pig is part of package, it will be discussed if only a pig is got.
    I got a bloke onto 7 pigs a few weeks back of which I would have shot 5 no doubt he got none .
    Same kinda story for Water Buck with some other guys.

The plan is to meet in PE and travel to farm from my house one vehicle, about a hour drive.

What kind of value would you place on this, and is the way I have structured it all acceptable.
    (This hunt is also on some other platforms.)

Banned

Default Re: Need help pricing a hunt I have been tasked with.

geeeeeees, must be the deadest post ever on Gun Site.
    Still do not know how to charge this out.
    What price do I attach to this.

User

Well, after the cold reception on the baboon issue thread, I hesitate to ask for more info. My acquaintance over there does a little PH work and he might have some idea, I could ask if you like.
    —Griff

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    Well, after the cold reception on the baboon issue thread, I hesitate to ask for more info. My acquaintance over there does a little PH work and he might have some idea, I could ask if you like.
    —Griff
    If you can contribute meaningfully, please do. But maybe be slightly more discerning in what you post?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I can indeed, thank you.
    I’m still learning. Just point to what needs shot.

User

Sounds like fun.

Good sized bulls should be about R5000 to R6000. Maybe some day fee for your vehicle, fuel and sundries, and then also extra for the pigs.

If the person gets a waterbuck and a pig plus extras maybe R6000 plus R1000 for your vehicle and day fee.

If only pig on Friday night R1000 for pig and R1000 for vehicle plus R1000 for the waterbuck opportunity.

If nothing. Same price as above, R2000 for opportunity and R1000 fir your vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Sounds like fun.

Good sized bulls should be about R5000 to R6000. Maybe some day fee for your vehicle, fuel and sundries, and then also extra for the pigs.

If the person gets a waterbuck and a pig plus extras maybe R6000 plus R1000 for your vehicle and day fee.

If only pig on Friday night R1000 for pig and R1000 for vehicle plus R1000 for the waterbuck opportunity.

If nothing. Same price as above, R2000 for opportunity and R1000 fir your vehicle.

Nice breakdown, I would agree with price.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

The sleeping next to the fire overlooking Algoa bay sounds like its worth an extra 500-1000 bucks on its own

Banned

Seems I can peak out at R 8000 then.
    Ok then, my entry pricing was R 7000 with a R 10 000 as likely max for the lower East Cape area. I then worked back from the R 10 000, no cooler room, no staff (means you gut,skin), and came back to about 8 K
    I consider the sleeping arrangement not to be a detriment.

Now to find hunter a in this economy.

User

Treeman, I think you need to be careful of the type of hunter you take. Most guys are keen for rustic but their attitude often changes quickly, when they paying and are having to do all the hard labour.
    Different people have different ideas of rustic/roughing it. For some a 4 star lodge is regarded as roughing it.

We do a “rustic” camping hunt once or twice a year on a farm that has no house. We walk and stalk, no staff, retrieve ourselves, work clean and process animals, etc. but there are more than adequate facilities for hanging, gutting, skinning, cleaning with running water. Also no cold facilities but a place to hang animals away from predators and flies.
    The same goes for the “camp site” - we sleep in tents or under the stars but there is a single tap and a flat brick braai under some trees, so that you are not always working on the ground.

Until he has managed to invest (time or money) in his venture or built some basic processing facilities, he may need to sell an adventure or an experience rather than a hunt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast