Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Futurama - Anyone buy from them?

During the last 6 months or so their "service" went down hill. The problem is with the drop shipping that they are using from the wholesalers. If they have it in stock it is painless, but otherwise it is becoming a pain.

One of my prefered online sites is every close to go on my blacklist.

User

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post
    During the last 6 months or so their "service" went down hill. The problem is with the drop shipping that they are using from the wholesalers. If they have it in stock it is painless, but otherwise it is becoming a pain.

One of my prefered online sites is every close to go on my blacklist.
    It seems as if they do not keep stock in-house at all anymore and therein lies the issue in my opinion...

Problem is no stock on reloading items is coming into SA from USA.

Spoke to two large importers in last week.

They say if they order a 1000 of an item they are lucky to get a 100.

Apparently all to do with the Wars going on.

Everyone manufacturing for the war efforts and converting their production lines to do so.

Alot of money in wars. Reason USA always in one and never wins one.

Bought a Bog from them last week. Service, follow-up and tracking was 100%.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    It seems as if they do not keep stock in-house at all anymore and therein lies the issue in my opinion...
    Correct, in most instances. They do hold some stock, but more often than not; it's drop-shipped. That said, my general experience with them has been very positive.

User

Drop shipping isn't in and of itself a bad thing and can work just as well as any other form of online retail if the players are above board but if you insist on an online retailer carrying stock you can't also expect bottom end pricing imo.

My local online retail heros do keep their own stock, offer near superhuman levels of service and are not always the cheapest online advertised option but I'm happy to pay the incremental margin they sometimes charge not to be arsed about.

User

I ordered a Trijicon ACOG ta02 from them mid December last year. As mentioned I had to stay in contact with them constantly to get updates on my order. After 7 months I gave up. Then suddenly the acog was available in the US and ready to ship. Unfortunately I needed optics by the weekend. I bought mounts & ACRO top piggyback mounts for it already in January. White elephants now. I do not know what is going on there. Maybe they are getting shafted by the importers I dont know. Guy I was in contact with at Futurama really seemed like he was doing his best but 7 months - naw.

User

Bought something on their website this weekend - Got an email today to let me know there was no stock and would I like something else. No I bloody well would not, thank you very much - give me my money back.
    Second time this has happened to me now. I think they're on my blacklist!

User

I've bought from them a few times and have always been happy with the service. When they didn't have a certain item available, I either picked another option/brand of the same item, or got a refund.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4