Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default New Beretta Tomcat failure after firing factory ammo…

The owner posted on another forum I follow. Beretta has so far not made this right. Buyer beware.

https://www.floridashootersnetwork.c...pic.php?t=6284

R/Griff

User

Default Re: New Beretta Tomcat failure after firing factory ammo…

I really want one of those but in a 9 short. Sadly or gladly, we don't get them here or at least I have not seen any.

What would you compare it to? Tomcat vs _ _ _ _ _ _?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I really want one of those but in a 9 short. Sadly or gladly, we don't get them here or at least I have not seen any.

Walther PPK/S in .32 auto.

I bought a Kimber Micro-9 for the wife, and often carry it instead of my Ruger SP101 in .327 Federal Magnum when its thinner profile is necessary. I prefer the safety on the frame of semi-autos.

R/Griff

User

Kimber Micro-9? Sherbet, that's sexy

Something about that Beretta just gets me though, just my imagination but when I look at it it says 'I'm a nice shooter'.

The cherry on top would be a 9short. I am a utilitarian guy and don't like buying odd calibers. If they had that I would have had one.

And about the lemon...I think the ones of old would probably be a tad better built. As for that customer service...I'd rather not talk.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    The owner posted on another forum I follow. Beretta has so far not made this right. Buyer beware.
    Seems the owner shot ammo with higher energy than the manufacturer recommends?
    Beretta says the Tomcat's limitations are 130 foot pounds of muzzle energy. and the S&B ammunition that he used produces a muzzle energy rating of 176 foot pounds?

Surely the user should have RTFM?

User

Yes, that’s the argument that’s gone circular…how could he know the specs for the factory ammo if it isn’t on the packaging…wouldn’t a normal person have assumed their modern firearm could handle factory ammo?

Before plunking down $600 I would have read and researched everything available on the firearm. A quick search online reveals the issues with this model. An honest mistake on his part, and Beretta is shady.

That said, I like their new Model 92X. It’s built like a Kaapse buff.

MSRP $1499.

Gun review video:

User

While I find the dimensions and general layout of the little Tomcat somewhat attractive, one should keep in mind that this pistol is based on the older Beretta tip-up barrel mouse pistols chambered in 22 Short and 25 Auto. The fact that it won't hold up with some normal FMJ factory ammo does not really surprise me. I guess the little pistol is aimed at those who carry it a lot and shoot it a little.

User

Mouse guns are great until it is time to shoot them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post

You can get a Cheetah its the Model 84 9mm short Beretta from the 1980's i think. I saw one for sale at Swatco in JHB the other day. Its a very well liked and highly rated pistol in 9mm short but maybe not as small as the Tomcat.

I just checked, they have in one stock.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    You can get a Cheetah its the Model 84 9mm short Beretta from the 1980's i think. I saw one for sale at Swatco in JHB the other day. Its a very well liked and highly rated pistol in 9mm short but maybe not as small as the Tomcat.

I just checked, they have in one stock.
    I just checked Gun Trove as well and this may seem a little left field but the do have a Bersa Model 83 in 9mmK...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast