Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Ammunition Collecting

I will send you an email this evening with the info I had. My license is still valid. This is my second license, my first was under the old system in the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    I will send you an email this evening with the info I had. My license is still valid. This is my second license, my first was under the old system in the early 90s.
    It is not a licence, but a permit. The SAPS seem to have no idea how to renew these permits, despite the fact tha the SAPS 518a is entitled "APPLICATION FOR THE RENEWAL OF A FIREARM LICENCE, PERMIT,
    CERTIFICATE OR AUTHORIZATION". "Ask me how I know"!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    Much appreciated, thanks.

User

Yes, correct, it’s a permit. I haven’t had to do a renewal for it as yet, still a while to go. I know it depends on how clued if the DFO is as they do not get these applications often. My current permit was approved in 2 weeks back in 2019. 7th Jan to 21st Jan.

[QUOTE=MohamedD;1433858] I know it depends on how clued if the DFO is as they do not get these applications often/QUOTE]

It was not the DFO Mohamed, it is the Gauteng Regional Office who do all the renewals!

Peter

User

Sorry Peter, I got a bit mixed up there. I understand what you mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2