Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Glock frame - licenced item

Thr Glock frame is a licenced item.
    From what I can see the serial number on the slide is totally diffetent to the number on the slide and barrel, which appears on the livence. The frame number 0is also mot on the licence card. If ever inspected haw will the SAPS know if the slide has been changed.

User

Default Re: Glock frame - licenced item

What does the FCA define as licenced items (i.e. something you have to have a license for, in order to legally possess)?

User

The slide is a controlled part, not a licenced part. You can change it or own multiple if you have a firearm it will work on

The frame and barrel are licenced

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    Thr Glock frame is a licenced item.
    From what I can see the serial number on the slide is totally diffetent to the number on the slide and barrel, which appears on the livence. The frame number 0is also mot on the licence card. If ever inspected haw will the SAPS know if the slide has been changed.
    I have a handful of glocks all have the same number stamped on frame barrel and slide,are you saying your glock has one serial on the slide and barrel and a different one on the frame?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    The slide is a controlled part, not a licenced part. You can change it or own multiple if you have a firearm it will work on

The frame and barrel are licenced
    The slide has a serial number on it. Does that not make it a licensed part? If the slide did not have a serial number then would it not be a controlled part?

User

Just to add confusion. My wife owns a G21 with NO number on the frame. The only serial numbered parts are the slide and barrel.

I suspect a few early Glocks like this are in country

User

Same here... I actually called a well known glock shop with a very reputable owner if it comes to glocks :) recently asking for another frame and they also told me, sorry cannot get me new frame unless I license it because of the license nr...strange and does not make sense since you can change your stock/chassis on rifles - unless the well known glock shop has it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    The slide has a serial number on it. Does that not make it a licensed part? If the slide did not have a serial number then would it not be a controlled part?
    No.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    Same here... I actually called a well known glock shop with a very reputable owner if it comes to glocks :) recently asking for another frame and they also told me, sorry cannot get me new frame unless I license it because of the license nr...strange and does not make sense since you can change your stock/chassis on rifles - unless the well known glock shop has it wrong...
    A pistol's frame is more analogous to a rifle's receiver, not the stock.

The shop is correct.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Presence or absence of a serial isnt the determining factor in the FCA

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    The frame is more the receiver as SSP said. Look at the P320 where the 'receiver' is more a trigger control group housing section and the grip is not the frame

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast