Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BWB Back Straps

Default BWB Back Straps

Hi ,

I have a couple of killos of BWB back straps for tomorrows braai - Any lekker recipes that you guys would recommend?

User

Default Re: BWB Back Straps

Take out of plastic and let rest in fridge today. Tomorrow morning- take out of fridge to rest outside. Wipe meat with some kitchen towel to dry and out in clean bowl. Sprinkle with some dried coriander, rosemary and thyme.

Braai on hot coals- medium rare. Salt and pepper to taste while braaing.

Don't need to do anything fancy. We had same last Saturday, absolutely delicious!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

Morning
    Put meat in ziplog bag and cover with greek salad dressing for a day
    Braai on hot coals until outside is dried nicely, add spice while braaing, obviously- let it rest. Cut into medallions and simmer in pan with butter, chillies and garlic until sealed

Both recipes above will work well. I slice into thick medallions, marinate in salad dressing or olive oil for 30 minutes and braai on a very hot fire - rare (preferably) to medium rare. As with all game, it is important to remove all membranes before braaing.

Not sure if you are referring to Blue WB or Black WB. The former is completely edible, the latter excellent.

Banned

Wash the meat thoroughly in cold water.

Marinade in a teaspoon of mustard powder, half a cup of olive oil and half a cup of sweet wine for up to three days.

Braai fast over really hot fire.

Take off one grade before your preferred table fair ie take off rare to eat medium, take off medium to eat well done.

User

You can probably also make carpaccio - when the meat is still a bit frozen slice really thin - half a millimeter.

Lay out in a plate, cover with some good olive oil, some lemon juice and capers. Black pepper and a bit of salt. Shave some parmesan cheese over it and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    You can probably also make carpaccio - when the meat is still a bit frozen slice really thin - half a millimeter.

Lay out in a plate, cover with some good olive oil, some lemon juice and capers. Black pepper and a bit of salt. Shave some parmesan cheese over it and enjoy!
    My bek water…
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

To each his own.....people go all out to spice/marinate venison to such an extent that you do not taste any meat just marinades or spices...

Here is something you can try....for braai I use Robertsons LEMON PEPPER, nothing more nothing less...

I used it with springbuck fillets (rugstring fillets) I had on the braai last week....

Just keep the fillet pink in the centre and it might be the softest tastiest juiciest venison fillet you have ever had...

Smaak verskil...probeer dit....

User

Friends came over for a braai tonight. By chance, they brought a sable sirloin preppped similar to how I described.

https://imgur.com/a/nAdbcZj
    https://imgur.com/gallery/aOBQpjO

Was delicious!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

I eat a lot of venison, perks of the job. What I like of late is a bit of an olive oil rub then cover the steak in the Webers dry marinade/rubs ( pick your flavour). Not over powering like a normal marinade or Jimmy Sauce which I eat at every damn braai I go to..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast