Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Newbie from Kraaibakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Best is to call around and see which models are available to shoot, I'm in Johannesburg so don't know much about shops around there. Maybe there are some fellow forum members that can assist you in that regard as well. Luckily enough when I did my proficiency training the instructor was also a "gun nut" and we had a few things in common. He offered to let me shoot his CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow after I did my assessment and after that I did further researched and now own a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow.
    I think that's the right way forward for me. I'm collecting my proficiency certificate tomorrow afternoon. Once I've handed all that into SAPS I'll start the hunt for my first FA. Very exciting

Well there it is.. . only took a year but finally submitted my Comp on the 4th of Jan

User

better late than never

User

Quote Originally Posted by Viper1350 View Post
    Well there it is.. . only took a year but finally submitted my Comp on the 4th of Jan
    Well, all the best, wishing you a "fast" approval ;)

So what did you end up buying? or are you still "shopping" around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Well, all the best, wishing you a "fast" approval ;)

So what did you end up buying? or are you still "shopping" around ?
    I'm still "shopping" around. I suspect I'll be going for the Glock 43X or Glock 19 G5. The G43X will be much easier to conceal and carry every day. I'm worried my small frame will struggle to carry a G19 easily all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper1350 View Post
    I'm still "shopping" around. I suspect I'll be going for the Glock 43X or Glock 19 G5. The G43X will be much easier to conceal and carry every day. I'm worried my small frame will struggle to carry a G19 easily all day every day.
    If I may ask, why so set on the Glock? If concealment is such an issue, don't you think a micro-9 might be a better option?

P365, Hellcat/HS H11, Beretta APX Compact, Canik MC 9 (coming soon or just came to SA) are great options, they are 15Rnd mags + available for them also if you want to do some sport shooting with.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    If I may ask, why so set on the Glock? If concealment is such an issue, don't you think a micro-9 might be a better option?

P365, Hellcat/HS H11, Beretta APX Compact, Canik MC 9 (coming soon or just came to SA) are great options, they are 15Rnd mags + available for them also if you want to do some sport shooting with.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    To be honest, when I go onto all the different websites of all the firearm retailers, CZ and Glock are the ones I see most. And the shops closest to me stock both CZ and Glock accessories.

I've also just cottoned on to the CZ P10S, which makes my decision even more difficult.

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Glock 43X
    CZ P10S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3