Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Opinions on the Ruger LC9

Been eyeing up a Ruger LC9 as a potential 'deep concealment in non permissive environments' and backup to my primary blaster purchase. I'm asking here about the 2011 launched and hammer fired LC9 not the later striker fired LC9S.

Anyone have any personal experience with them they'd care to share?

Default Re: Opinions on the Ruger LC9

Biggest issue for me with Ruger is their ridiculously heavy Trigger pulls.

User

Oaf, a colleague of mine has a LC9S that he carries and really likes it. He had a few failures to feed with factory 115gr practice ammo. 124gr Carry ammo no problems to date, he has been carrying it now for almost 2 years and it sees a good amount of range time. The nice thing about the LC9S for him is all the smooth edges, nothing to snag on. Part of his requirements at the time. Ammo capacity is not the best at 7+1 but if it's your backup, why not? I have shot it on a few occasions and can't really complain, biggest gripe would be that without the finger extension on the mag, I struggle a bit to get a proper grip. The trigger for me was not bad, finish on it is still looking good, take down is a bit crappy, losing the pin is a possibility. Just my opinion.

Banned

"biggest gripe would be that without the finger extension on the mag, I struggle a bit to get a proper grip", only reason I did not buy it, I am a Ruger fan of note - when I picked up the Kahr CW 9 I just knew I had my weapon.
    I do not ever hear about the Kahr range - wonder why ? Most comfortable pistol I ever have shot, has a over center recoil and not front kick up feeling.

User

Thanks all for the feedback.

@treeman, the Kahr pistols have always looked like fantastic pieces of kit and the low bore axis really appeals. Unfortunately I have only ever seen one for sale and missed snagging it. Did you get yours new?

Banned

Yes new, it is on my to do list to also buy the full size model in the near future.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Treeman. You make such smart choices and sense in your rifle use and purchases. Why don't you just get something reliable, good looking, dependable, easy shooting, spares and accessories galore etc in your handgun purchases and just get a Glock?

(I know, handgun propellant is not your type of sniff.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Treeman. You make such smart choices and sense in your rifle use and purchases. Why don't you just get something reliable, good looking, dependable, easy shooting, spares and accessories galore etc in your handgun purchases and just get a Glock?

(I know, handgun propellant is not your type of sniff.)
    never been a follower of fads and fashions, besides I do not own Ray bands nor can I grow a Man Bun so qualifying for a Glock may be a issue.

User

GLOCK's have been accused of a lot of things, but "good looking" is not one of them.

The G in Glock stands for Group pressure. Th C in CZ stands for Choice as in own Choice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast