Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Handgun Safety and Accidental Discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Scary to think that Barend has DSS status.
    Some DSS are pretty, mmmm, how to say this politely.

But the onus rests on the user to make use of the framework provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Scary to think that Barend has DSS status.
    I know a mini bus taxi driver who has a drivers license.

Banned

Barend had a accident, we do not know why, lets all make a fool of Barend, we can feel cleverer than Barend.
    The accident happened because of his stance perhaps, maybe his slipslops or maybe because there were tits in proximity.

I would really like to know why that weapon went off. A mate sat in his car a few years back, as his arse settled firearm went off. Thought about it for years, why did his gun go off, no tits no flip flops, not even a fairy stance - not even a DSS status to rip into, just bang.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

My answer to the OP question:

Why do some shooters think it is cool and safe to re-holster with the same speed as drawing?

Drawing is a speedy process. No need for speed when going back to the holster.

Some people just watch too many movies and youtube clips and think that is the way to do stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Barend had a accident, we do not know why, lets all make a fool of Barend, we can feel cleverer than Barend.
    The accident happened because of his stance perhaps, maybe his slipslops or maybe because there were tits in proximity.

I would really like to know why that weapon went off. A mate sat in his car a few years back, as his arse settled firearm went off. Thought about it for years, why did his gun go off, no tits no flip flops, not even a fairy stance - not even a DSS status to rip into, just bang.
    Yes for sure stance is worth discussing here. His leg is at an angle for no apparent reason that places it in direct line of fire if there is a reholstering AD.

Be aware of where your muzzle is pointing at all times. Basic firearm safety was not adhered to in this case.

User

I agree that taking the piss out of 'Barend' is in poor taste but there's enough in that video to make some fairly safe assumptions re the chain of events that led to him shooting himself. Quite different to your mate in his car with a holstered firearm IMO. My guess on that one is that the holster was leather or fabric and that it deformed into the trigger guard enough to drag on the trigger while his body slid down the seat. In 'Barend's' case he had a gun with a chambered round in his hand at the point of shooting himself. Much less to wonder about there.

Well he did almost shoot himself in the leg - so there is that.

User

Is it a striker fired pistol? I always reholster with thumb on the hammer so I can feel what the f/a is doing. My carry gun will always have a hammer for this reason. I believe it is safer than a striker fired pistol when it comes to reholstering.

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah Ok boomer the seventies called and asked for their fire control system back... but imho it is better than asking for your calf muscle back.

And no I dont get as many chicks as Barend... anyway who is she... Marelize is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post

And then shot himself straight through the calf muscle. Going to hurt, but should heal. He's lucky it wasn't the ankle or foot, that will never be the same again.
    Attachment 33934
    A damaged muscle will heal; sort of. The scar tissue, nerve damage and muscle loss could well result in that leg never being right again. Which also impacts other muscles in the leg and so on over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Well he did almost shoot himself in the leg - so there is that.
    Not almost. He did. Look closely, you can see the bullet entering his calf.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast