Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Sterling 9mm Ammo Recall

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    A friend bought some of these. Most of the bullets where so loose in the case that you could press the bullet in to the case by just pressing the round between your fingers.
    I've gone through about 8 boxes of sterling a year or so ago, no issues. But what you say there is true. I don't think it's that the bullets are loose, it's more that the brass is very very soft. (Which I guess amounts to the same thing)

I still have the cases and they are in my reloading rotation. You can feel it clearly every time you get a sterling case in the press, as it feels like nothing when you resize them. They present no resistance, very very soft. Or maybe soft isn't the right word. Malleable.

User

Thankfully iv come across this. I bought couple hundred of these and luckily haven't used them

I saw a post earlier of the bullets being loose. I can confirm this is the case. Feel like they can be removed by hand.

How is it that the Armoury I purchased from didn't contact me ? Or post about it online as many have a social media presence.

Because when I called them they do know about the recall. They asked me to bring it in and give them a week or so to replace them...

Anyway big shout out to this forum.. for always coming through.

Regards

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

What happens if you got half a box?

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    What happens if you got half a box?
    They give you half a new box

User

I dropped off my ammunition today with the dealer I purchased from.i asked if I could instead purchase a different brand paying in any different if required. Instead of waiting for the Stirling replacement.
    I was responded too with a blatant "NO". Guess I'm stuck with the rounds.. not sure how happy I am with even receiving a new batch of the ammo

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3