Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default browning-bbr-270-win: How good are they

I've just seen an ad for a really nice looking browning bbr 270 win at what seems to be a good price. Not sure if the rifle is still available, have contacted the seller, but would appreciate some info on how good are they

Banned

Default Re: browning-bbr-270-win: How good are they

One of those rifles that was too costly to continue manufacturing in modern times and greater mass production stream lining.
    Never seen one never shot one, only ever read about them, the predecessor to the ABolt which was truly made with production ease/speed in mind. I would from reading think the BBR would have been a better made rifle - workmanship was still of some value back then 70/80ties , last of the people made weapons (Musgrave - Sako etc).
    Do some reading on american forums, I am sure you will find a wealth of information.

User

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    I've just seen an ad for a really nice looking browning bbr 270 win at what seems to be a good price. Not sure if the rifle is still available, have contacted the seller, but would appreciate some info on how good are they
    I have one.
    The bolt weighs more than most modern rifles and has 9 locking lugs, 60 degree bolt throw and hinged floorplate with removable box magazine.
    Shoots MOA no problem out to 250m from a bench, and I'm not an experienced shooter.
    Would be considered heavy by todays standards.

thanks. I'll do some more research. I have a pretty heavy howa 1500 270 at the moment so not too concerned about the weight

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    I have one.
    The bolt weighs more than most modern rifles and has 9 locking lugs, 60 degree bolt throw and hinged floorplate with removable box magazine.
    Shoots MOA no problem out to 250m from a bench, and I'm not an experienced shooter.
    Would be considered heavy by todays standards.
    Any chance you'd be willing and able to weigh your rifle so I can get an idea how it compares to what I'm currently running with

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    One of those rifles that was too costly to continue manufacturing in modern times and greater mass production stream lining.
    Never seen one never shot one, only ever read about them, the predecessor to the ABolt which was truly made with production ease/speed in mind. I would from reading think the BBR would have been a better made rifle - workmanship was still of some value back then 70/80ties , last of the people made weapons (Musgrave - Sako etc).
    Do some reading on american forums, I am sure you will find a wealth of information.
    Agreed. The guy advertising the rifle is actually in PE as well. I'm not sure how old the ad is though

User

Any chance you'd be willing and able to weigh your rifle so I can get an idea how it compares to what I'm currently running with
    will do.
    will send later tonight

thanks. Turns out the rifle is sold:(

My howa 1500 270 with scope is running at about 4kgs

User

thanks. Turns out the rifle is sold:(

My howa 1500 270 with scope is running at about 4kgs
    Found this , Weight: 8 lbs. 3 ozs.
    That's without scope.