Default How collectable is a BRNO zkk 601 .308?

Hello Ladies and Gents....I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how collectable the above mentioned firearm is? Also maybe if someone could give me an idea of worth? Thanks

User

Default Re: How collectable is a BRNO zkk 601 .308?

its not gonna be worth tons of money, depending on condition, originality, intactness of specific features, year of manufacture etc.

mine is 49y old now, easily shoots sub-moa with the right ammo, and very close to factory original. I won't part with it for what its worth in the marketplace.

Banned

They usually sell for R8000 - R11000. Once one sold for R6500.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    They usually sell for R8000 - R11000. Once one sold for R6500.
    I bought mine for R5K a bit over 10y ago. But not all ZKKs are equal today. many have been butchered or abused. a close to pristine example is rare.

If it has still functional pop up sights and in great condition there may be some interest.

Thanks for all the info. As far as I know its still original apart from being pillar bedded and the barrel free floated to an extent.

Pop up peep sights still work and adjust and the rear flip up sight is still there. Recoil pad was also replaced.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc1957 View Post
    Thanks for all the info. As far as I know its still original apart from being pillar bedded and the barrel free floated to an extent.

Pop up peep sights still work and adjust and the rear flip up sight is still there. Recoil pad was also replaced.
    Sounds good. have a look at the serial number, if its a 10-digit number, the first two digits indicate the year of manufacture.

does it have a barrel band front sling swivel? plain sporter stock or deluxe stock (the latter is heavier with a forend tip of different wood, and the ones I've seen was "redder" while the plain sporters was "blonder" in colour).

if the front sight has the sight hood then it's almost a unicorn.

it's a real unicorn if you have the little green felt bag with toolkit and the additional trigger (allowing you to swop the set trigger assembly for a "normal" trigger)

a proper recoil pad is essential, they came out with a hard plastic butt plate only. I replaced mine with a Pachmayr Decelerator, but the plastic plate is kept safely with the box of spares.

if you have pictures, go search for a thread under Hunting Rifles called "Show me your BRNO / CZ" and post us some pics there.

So to answer the questions it does have a 10 digit serial number: Going by what you've said it was made in 1975

Nope no Barrel band front sling swivle but has a darker grain forend tip

haha unfortunately there isnt a front sight hood and no little tool bag either.

Ill definitely go search for the thread and post some pics

User

OK, it's what was sold as the "Deluxe" version.

what you have sounds like a well looked after Hilux bakkie from the mid 70s. If the chamber and bore is good, it'll do the job as well as is did when it was new. But it's not going to win any collectability prizes (much as we that love them disagree!) The higher prices Ds J quoted above are reasonable, but in the end a second-hand firearm is worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it. This is especially true when you can buy brand new rifles for the same kind of money; for the second-hand firearm (especially older hunting rifles) you pay for what it IS and represent, not just for what it can do.

Thanks for all the info Pirate! Its just becoming a safe queen so was starting to wonder if I should hang onto it. Still in the decision making process...now just with a bit more knowledge to help me decide.