Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    And then some! I was involved in a business that exported all sorts of stuff to Aus that included those Swazi sand bottles. Despite being hot sealed with plastic stoppers at the neck they had to be irradiated before they were allowed in. About 10 years back I exported a restored 1959 Double cab VW bus to Aus and the process to get it prepped for acceptance was extreme. It included fumigation and the most hectic pressure washing to remove every trace of sand from the undercarriage. The shipping agent said that there was zero leeway on inspection and that the consequences for non-compliance would be severe.
    I suppose Australia has enough issues dealing with outbreaks of mice and cats as it is. Can you imagine if we had to add some sort of South African pest to the mix.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Bringing in a gun stock from overseas

[QUOTE=shooty;1436154]I would still rather get an ITAC permit for this side.

Although not restricted item. For example Courier companies do not allow any Hard mount firearm items to be shipped.

A stock is a Hard Mount Item.

This. Although 414 Gates is also correct in it not being a restricted part. But, and and that damn word always will be with us: I am trying to get hold of a picatinny rail only to be found in the USA. Nobody wants to even try and ship it. Also not restricted, but (again) it seems to me that these days.....

There is a reason the couriers don't want to take it. The reason to be that at customs they are stopped from further processing.

Default Re: Bringing in a gun stock from overseas

All valid points. Thank you for all the opinions so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2