User

Default Any Vz 61 owners who want a picatinny rail?

My license for my Vz 61 was approved yesterday - I'm quite happy regarding it, but as it's being used for open-class pistol shooting at 25m, I need to have a red dot fitted. I've sketched up a pretty nifty rail that will fit over your barrel. It will require your barrel be threaded. Are there any other Vz 61 owners on the forum who might be interested?

User

Default Re: Any Vz 61 owners who want a picatinny rail?

Ok, so I've completed the rail. Will be testing it this upcoming weekend hopefully. Making an instructional Youtube video about it. Here are some pictures.

PS - It might look as if it's angled, but it's the stock that's causing a bit of an optical illusion. The rail is slightly wider than the wire stock, so there's no slapping it open. You have to open or close it carefully. I stuck electrical tape on there for now to check the amount of wear. Also the optic needs to be removed when opening sights have to be removed when opening or closing. There's no way around this, unless you remove the wire stock. Otherwise it handles pretty well - you get a good sight picture with the iron sights visible and you don't need to crane your neck when getting a sight picture.

User

Skorpion right?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Skorpion right?
    Indeed! But I generally use Vz 61 when referencing it, as CZ offers a newer version of the Skorpion, which is another beast entirely.

As a sidenote, I absolutely love mine. Doesn't really match up to a modern pistol in terms of ergonomics or trigger, but the background is really cool. Made in 1964. The holster has three names scribbled on it; they were either paratroopers or tankers. Lots of little things I spotted. I bought mine specifically because I wanted a target pistol sans moving slide for a chunkier red dot. The history lesson's a bonus.

User

Totally nothing to ad to this post apologies for sidetracking.
    But i have never seen 1 of these before. They look interesting. Is the recoil not painful ?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    Totally nothing to ad to this post apologies for sidetracking.
    But i have never seen 1 of these before. They look interesting. Is the recoil not painful ?

It's a .32ACP, so there's less recoil than a 9mmP pistol. Surprizingly comfortable to shoot as a handgun, but with the stock shouldered, not so much. Its a wire stock, so it should be expected.

Ian McCollum made a vreat video about these. Actually convinced me at the time to buy one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    It's a .32ACP, so there's less recoil than a 9mmP pistol. Surprizingly comfortable to shoot as a handgun, but with the stock shouldered, not so much. Its a wire stock, so it should be expected.

Ian McCollum made a vreat video about these. Actually convinced me at the time to buy one.
    Sorry for some reason I thought It was chambered in something bigger .
    I can see the appeal. Very nice