Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 9mm vs 10mm

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: 9mm vs 10mm

The Glock 20 is the size of a Colt commander just thicker and with a plus 2 gives you 18. Original spec 10mm through the G20 will slow you down a fraction of a second but I am not fast in any case so I rather go for harder accurate hits on target.

The G20 flattens 200m silhouttes with aplomb ))
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

From the opening statement I get the idea that you are not "into" handguns and handgun shooting at a highly competitive level, so just buy it at shoot it and be happy and don't fuss too much about fancy points that are probably not going to apply to your intended use. I also get the impression you are not going to shoot away thousands of bullets a month? If reloading, how much more will 10 mm reloads cost than 9mmP x usage per month. This sum might be small enough to really consider that Glock. A 10 mm has a bit more authority than a 9mmP and then some. Yes, .40 and 9mmP can be shot faster, but then, you can give me the lowest recoiling and smoothest shooting 9mmP pistol you can find and a better marksmen will outshoot me x 2 with the worst shooting 10 mm to be found with high end reloads.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    The G20 flattens 200m silhouttes with aplomb ))
    Damn, that is impressive. The hitting and the flattening.

User

If you want to learn to flinch, get it!

Jokes aside, unless you are getting it as a want-to-have or for a particular use like a handgun for hunting or pin shooting, I would advise you not to get it.

We gain so much more from shooting practical guns more often, than we do from having these unicorn guns in the safe.

I haven’t shot an IPSC handgun match for many months. We have mainly been busy with PCC, Rifle and Shotgun Nationals. So last week, the day before our home club handgun league, I took my IPSC Standard Major gun(.40S&W) to the range quickly to fire off a few shots before the match on Saturday. Turns out, (…and I knew this from before) that a .40 S&W is much harder to shoot well than a 9mmP. I went home and switched to my Production gun(9mmP) and happy days, I could reasonably hit what I was aiming for at the match.

Stick to 9mmP. Rather get a Glock 17. If you already have one, get another one. Shoot it as much and as often as you can.

Regards,
    Wesley

thanks guys. I don't own a handgun and haven't shot much with one. I'm waiting for my handgun competency to be approved so just looking around. I want something my wife and I can shoot at the range with and maybe a couple of competitions but it won't be many. I am looking at the glock 17 as an option and I like the look of the 19x. Cost and ease of loading is a factor. I have a few mates who all load 9mm so it's a better option

User

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    thanks guys. I don't own a handgun and haven't shot much with one. I'm waiting for my handgun competency to be approved so just looking around. I want something my wife and I can shoot at the range with and maybe a couple of competitions but it won't be many. I am looking at the glock 17 as an option and I like the look of the 19x. Cost and ease of loading is a factor. I have a few mates who all load 9mm so it's a better option
    Mmmmm had the same dilemma with .357 SIG a while ago... today I'm glad common sense and logic prevailed.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    If you want to learn to flinch, get it!
    Meh! Our 16yr old intern (a girl) shoots 10mm.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Meh! Our 16yr old intern (a girl) shoots 10mm.
    Doesn’t Aziza also shoot a Delta Elite?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Damn, that is impressive. The hitting and the flattening.
    It does so with much with less effort than with my 44 mag.

The G29 is also extremely nice to shoot.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Doesn’t Aziza also shoot a Delta Elite?
    I do believe you are correct.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 13-10-2021 at 13:54.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast