Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Good morning All,

I’m new to the forum and sport shooting, but by no means new to firearms. Growing up I spent a lot of time on family farms (hunting everything from springhase to kudu). I still do occasional hunting, but recently started getting into sport shooting. Up until now hunting has always been with a borrowed rifle.

Originally got a CZ-P07 for SD, but I found that I really enjoy time practicing at the range so I’m starting to get into sport shooting. This prompted me to start my own collection (need more things that go BOOM in different ways). My license for a Ruger 10/22 was recently approved (no the long wait for the card) and a Howa .308 26" Heavy is in process at the CFR. Next one I have in mind is a Mossberg 590A1… the bug has bitten…

Outside of firearms & knives I enjoy pretty much anything outdoors. Regular camping trips with the family (preferably somewhere with no power or cell reception), fishing, MTB etc.

Thanks to all for the really valuable information that is shared in this community. Found it very helpful with everything from compiling my motivation letter to selecting firearms (and all those nice accessories)

User

Default Re: Greetings

Welcome may I ask where are you situated and what type of sport shooting are you currently doing or looking into.

Welcome. With those interests I have an idea you’ll feel at home here pretty quickly.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Thanks Branden. Based in the Eastern Cape. At the moment it's just pistol shooting at the local range (Natshoot precision and rapid), but plan is to get more into it once I get the other toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Welcome. With those interests I have an idea you’ll feel at home here pretty quickly.
    Thanks - I already do.