Thread: New Barrel

User

Default New Barrel

I have a K98 30-06 and want to cancel / give up / destroy this caliber and replace it with a new 6.5x55 barrel. The throat is worn and am chasing the lands now.
    The rifle is extremely sentimental and wish to keep the K98 Oberndorf a/n action and beautiful grade 4 walnut stock which was built for me in The Gunshop Windhoek in 1987.
    NB.....The serial number on white licence states that is on FRAME, but it is actually on the BARREL.
    However, the original factory (circa 1930) serial number (which is different) is on the RECEIVER, and does not reflect at all on the system.
    I have been told that I must work through a manufacturer and not a gunsmith, as the manufacturer can follow a quicker legal procedure. I am prepared to wait, as I have another rifle which is suitable for hunting and CHASA shoots....
    (I have taken this rifle through to Namibia hunts a few times as is.)
    Any advice, suggestions and recommendations please?

Banned

Default Re: New Barrel

PM sent.

what options of barrels do we have in SA that don't cost and arm and a leg? Bartlein and krieger are just expensive. What other stainless steel bull barrels are available and where?

DS J can I pm you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    what options of barrels do we have in SA that don't cost and arm and a leg? Bartlein and krieger are just expensive. What other stainless steel bull barrels are available and where?

DS J can I pm you?
    I see that Mojet Accugun has some at R7500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post

DS J can I pm you?
    Sure.

User

Easiest option is to get your gunsmith to order you a Barrel from Truvelo logged at CFR as a barrelled action- but with your own action. Then you hand the old barrel in for destruction and you can apply for the new gun as soon as Truvelo can supply a number.