Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: License Cards Printed

Now have two licenses approved that are not being printed. Should I send the invoices for storage costs to the minister of police?

Does any one of our representative organisations know when the printing of cards will resume or is it a case of having to litigate and waste more of the court's time to force the SAPS to do their work?

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    Now have two licenses approved that are not being printed. Should I send the invoices for storage costs to the minister of police?

Does any one of our representative organisations know when the printing of cards will resume or is it a case of having to litigate and waste more of the court's time to force the SAPS to do their work?
    Mine was approved 7 October 2021. No card yet.

As we know they forgot guess intentionally to renew printing contract. So we kinda have to wait.

Since its the SAPS mess up they could in these cases give printed paper from DFO and have you use that so long. At one point this was allowed

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nuffsaid View Post
    Hi gents

Silly question here but basically lisence approved 30th September lucky me, not so lucky me printing stopped supposedly also on the 30th September. Question is it a legal requirement for gun stores to insist on a physical card before I can collect??

If ( By some miracle)I could somehow win the lotto and get my local DFO to give me a print out stating the lisence has been approved is that not as good as a physical card? Called up the Gunstore to ask and I was told under no circumstances will they hand over the FA without the physical card. Because according to him lisence approval sms and lisence approval by calling into the cfr means nada, he knows of instances where people have been approved for a lisence and then declined straight after!! What the actual fuck???

I find this hard to believe. He then goes on to elaborate that the firearm can only be handed over to its legal owner who it is lisenced to and nobody else, my reply was if the lisence has been approved does that not make me the legal owner??? To which he replied "no because they can still decline the lisence before it is printed" never have I heard such a kak excuse

Frustrated here because I anticipate a very long wait for saps/cfr and the printing guys to get their act together which could take months and then there's the printing back log after this fiasco.

FAAAAAAAAARK SAKES

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately the SAPS holds the dealers to this where they have to see your card.

However as I believe Tac Shac mentioned in a video on here. That you card is not you r license. Its merely a proof you have one. With a drivers license there si a rule that says you must have the drivers license card with you when you drive. Im not sure that same rule is written in the firearms act stating you need to have the card with you.

The SAPS can easily at any point check on your ID or serial nr if the firearm belongs to you.

But again. Were stuck having to wait for them to sort out printers.

Ive made peace with not receiving card this year still.

User

Evening all.

FA1:S16
    Approved: 22 October 2021
    Collected: 10 December 2021

FA2: S16
    Approved: 16 November 2021
    Collected: 06 January 2022

I guess the turnaround time has improved somewhat. At least for me I had no hassles in all honesty.

Good luck otherwise to those waiting. Fingers crossed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5