Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Emfuleni Local Municipality sucks

Once again, we have had a blackout in Emfuleni due to cable theft. This blatant stupidity and incompetence is becoming more commonplace. The municipality even had most of it's assets seized by the sheriff (again) last week due to outstanding default judgments and legal costs owed to dozens of creditors. Every single law firm in town probably has at least one default judgment against them at point in time.
    We desperately need regime change here because it's becoming impossible to live here. To all members of this forum living here, please vote and persuade as many of your friends and family to do so as well.

User

Default Re: Emfuleni Local Municipality sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Once again, we have had a blackout in Emfuleni due to cable theft. This blatant stupidity and incompetence is becoming more commonplace. The municipality even had most of it's assets seized by the sheriff (again) last week due to outstanding default judgments and legal costs owed to dozens of creditors. Every single law firm in town probably has at least one default judgment against them at point in time.
    We desperately need regime change here because it's becoming impossible to live here. To all members of this forum living here, please vote and persuade as many of your friends and family to do so as well.
    I have long had the belief that if you don't vote you may not complain!

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    I have long had the belief that if you don't vote you may not complain!
    Voting in SA can only do so much. The ANC doesn't win a majority in every national election because they consistently do what is in the best interests of the country and most of the municipalities they win are in a state of terminal decline at their hands. Democracy hasn't brought the benefits it promises as the electorate only do half of it in that they don't punish a party's poor outcomes. If Zim is any predictor of our future we should brace ourselves for more to come.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Voting in SA can only do so much. The ANC doesn't win a majority in every national election because they consistently do what is in the best interests of the country and most of the municipalities they win are in a state of terminal decline at their hands. Democracy hasn't brought the benefits it promises as the electorate only do half of it in that they don't punish a party's poor outcomes. If Zim is any predictor of our future we should brace ourselves for more to come.
    Agreed, but voting complacency really irritates me. i guess it would help if we had a more unified opposition that could gain control of metros and make a difference. I do believe we were starting to get things right in JHB with Herman Mashaba before the DA started their winning streak of own goals!

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    Agreed, but voting complacency really irritates me. I guess it would help if we had a more unified opposition that could gain control of metros and make a difference. I do believe we were starting to get things right in JHB with Herman Mashaba before the DA started their winning streak of own goals!
    Wasn't Mashaba in office when the vehicle lease scam that benefitted the EFF went down?

I rail and rant at people who couldn't be assed to vote and have even succeeded in persuading a few to get off their backsides and into the voting booth. In a democracy, government is a reflection of the electorate and ours reflects rather poorly on the people doing the voting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Wasn't Mashaba in office when the vehicle lease scam that benefitted the EFF went down?

I rail and rant at people who couldn't be assed to vote and have even succeeded in persuading a few to get off their backsides and into the voting booth. In a democracy, government is a reflection of the electorate and ours reflects rather poorly on the people doing the voting.
    He was.

And i agree, it is a reflection of the electorate or at least what the electorate will tolerate/be fooled into believing

User

They owe my mom over R20k in credit for rates and taxes on a property she sold earlier this year... Transferring attorney advised us not to hold our breath....

User

The banks use to Tender to be able to invest the fucking surplus tax money in the municipality, now, gone, stolen and looted.

I really hate these bastards who "are in charge" of this municipality

User

At this point in time Emfuleni is not a municipality, but a criminal enterprise. Funding a criminal enterprise makes you complicit in their corruption, abuse and maladministration. We should refuse to pay our municipal rates until cANCer is either voted out or the municipality is placed under administration.

User

You have just described a microcosm of the national government and our relationship to it as tax payers IMO. There's no clean end to this particular turd.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast