Default Has anyone applied at Olievenhoutbosch DFO

Hi All,

Has anyone applied at the Olievenhoutbosch Police Station lately (between August and October)? If so, how far is your application now?

I see someone applied at Lyttelton SAPS at the same time I applied for mine and their application is already being sent to licensing section.

Mine is still being sent to Provincial DFO and it's been in that state for 30 business days now.

I would have loved to apply at Lyttelton SAPS but unfortunately The Reeds falls under Olievenhoutbosch SAPS

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Has anyone applied at Olievenhoutbosch DFO

Lyttelton is a mess. They only accept 10 applications per day. No you cannot book a slot it’s first come first serve, once it gets sent to Provincial heaven knows how long the wait is. Wierdabrug is you next closest DFO after Olivenhoutbosch. They have a backlog like you cannot believe. You can at least book an appointment but you wait for anything between 2 to 4 weeks for a slot. I have apps waiting there since March. There is no easy solution. They are all a fuckup.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Lyttelton is a mess. They only accept 10 applications per day. No you cannot book a slot it’s first come first serve, once it gets sent to Provincial heaven knows how long the wait is. Wierdabrug is you next closest DFO after Olivenhoutbosch. They have a backlog like you cannot believe. You can at least book an appointment but you wait for anything between 2 to 4 weeks for a slot. I have apps waiting there since March. There is no easy solution. They are all a fuckup.
    Damn! Now I'm grateful for the service recieved at Olievenhoutbosch. They allow walk ins so no appointment needed. They did misplace my application at first and this was due to them changing DFOs but they did find it after the new DFO started, luckily I had made copies.

Application was submitted on the 5th of Aug and captured on the 14th of September which is now starting to look like good turnaround time. I saw them turn away an officer from another station after they had lost his application for the second time. Made me wonder who am I if they can do that to their own.

Fingers crossed my application moves end of this month, DFO is also pretty helpful and we chat on WhatsApp.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

These guys are just so useless..
    No wonder we are deep in the brown stuff with a police force like this....