Default Traditional longbow archery

Hello all.

I'm interested in learning how to shoot traditional longbow. Any suggested instructor in the jhb south/midvaal area?
    I've previously learnt on a recurve with Mr Bev of Southern Archery who has since passed away, i therefore need a new instructor. Preferably someone who can come out to my place to do the training as we're a group of guys who are want to do it.
    What's the average cost for the course per person and how long is the course?

Is shooting longbow much more different than recurve? If its not too complicated can someone please tell me whats the minor differences as it might save me the cost of the course.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Banned

Default Re: Traditional longbow archery

Elgro Traditional Bow Club, Elgro Lodge, Potchefstroom

User

Home of archery ,based in Joburg. He runs courses and a 3D range too. Also build traditional bows. Contact Huzi 081 726 2933

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Home of archery ,based in Joburg. He runs courses and a 3D range too. Also build traditional bows. Contact Huzi 081 726 2933
    Thanks. I've contacted them. Any reviews on their training?

User

Johan Van Der Merwe, Combretum Bows. He builds longbows and recurves. He is in Dinokeng. Go see him and let him show you what he can offer. I shoot all my trad bows in the same style. 083 544 7042