Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Glock 43X opinions

Glock 43X. The good, the bad, any ugly?

Not for me, for a young lady working for me. She has had a look a a couple of different firearms and this one seems to tick the most boxes. Size, concealability (not normally an issue as her working environment is very permissive :) ), comfortable (no pointy bits), parts availability, possible sporting use, etc.

User

Default Re: Glock 43X opinions

I looked at one yesterday and damn it’s nice. Plus Shield Arms makes a 15 round mag for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

an ex-colleague bought one as his first. he's had almost no prior handgun experience and he shoots it really well.

User

I know of two females(small in stature), who initially looked at the G43X but ended up with the G48. That extra slide length may be an issue for some though.

User

My wife carries a 43. It is more difficult for someone to shoot well than a say an equivalent Compact or Full Size gun. I think the 43x will have an advantage here with a full size grip. The trade-off obviously being slightly more difficult to conceal. I think conquering the concealability challenge can be bigger for some ladies than actually learning to shoot the gun.

IMO a better option is a S&W Shield Plus or a Springfield Hellcat. I decided on a Hellcat(after waiting for 2+ years for 15-22 magazines) and am waiting for the license. Once we have done a good test run I think my wife will also switch to one for the sake of being able to share equipment. Also, if you compare the features of the Hellcat vs the Glock, it is excellent value for money. The sights alone make this gun stand out, and then of course the 13+1 or 10+1 capacity (both magazine options included with the gun) in a gun that is sort of in between a G43 and G43x.

Along with the Hellcat, I bought a full set of spares that the importer had available. I believe the second shipment has nearly sold out with more hopefully on the way.

User

The 43X is a great carry gun, I carry the 48 most days and its comfortable and concealable.
    Very great life saving tool.
    For sport shooting you will be limited to IDPA as in IPSC Production you start with 15 rounds in the mag, you could play along with the 10 rounder but would be a disadvantage for sure, should still be fun though

Sent from my Fax Machine.

User

Thanks for all the info and responses so far everyone. @Wesley, she hasn't taken a look at those but I will see if it can be organized.

User

I carry a G19 and when i was looking at the G43X it just seems like a slimmer 19 to me and not that much easier to conceal than the 19 as the grip length is about the same so the printing was very similar on me. It also seemed to me that the G19 was easier to shoot than the G43X. The Shield Arms 15 round mag is a game changer for the 43X though. For me the other plus with the G19 is the range of mag options as i can use the G17 mags and go all the way up to the 33 round mag if needed and this would help with some sport shooting categories but this isnt really a deciding factor for me just a nice to have. I think it may be an idea for her to go to the range and shoot a bunch of different options in the compact, sub-compact and micro ranges and see what she likes to shoot best and then decide on the tradeoffs like concealability, capacity and the like. she has to like the gun AND like to shoot it so that she can put in the time on the range and do a few training courses so that she has confidence in what she is carrying and not just what a bunch of people tell her she should get... just my 2c.

Having said that I'd tell her to get a Glock

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    I carry a G19 and when i was looking at the G43X it just seems like a slimmer 19 to me and not that much easier to conceal than the 19 as the grip length is about the same so the printing was very similar on me. It also seemed to me that the G19 was easier to shoot than the G43X. The Shield Arms 15 round mag is a game changer for the 43X though. For me the other plus with the G19 is the range of mag options as i can use the G17 mags and go all the way up to the 33 round mag if needed and this would help with some sport shooting categories but this isnt really a deciding factor for me just a nice to have. I think it may be an idea for her to go to the range and shoot a bunch of different options in the compact, sub-compact and micro ranges and see what she likes to shoot best and then decide on the tradeoffs like concealability, capacity and the like. she has to like the gun AND like to shoot it so that she can put in the time on the range and do a few training courses so that she has confidence in what she is carrying and not just what a bunch of people tell her she should get... just my 2c.

Having said that I'd tell her to get a Glock
    Telling a first time buyer to go feel a bunch of handguns for a first time buy is not good advice, she obviously does not know what she does not know, so against what criteria would she compare what she is shooting? other than the sales man trying to make a sale....

Also, Im not aware of a sporting discipline were a G19 with a 33 round magazine would be needed, but correct me if im wrong

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Telling a first time buyer to go feel a bunch of handguns for a first time buy is not good advice, she obviously does not know what she does not know, so against what criteria would she compare what she is shooting? other than the sales man trying to make a sale....

Also, Im not aware of a sporting discipline were a G19 with a 33 round magazine would be needed, but correct me if im wrong
    My mistake, i don't think there are any sporting disciplines where you would need a 33 round mag.

But I do think she needs to go a shoot some guns to figure out for herself what is the most comfortable to shoot for her and go from there. Otherwise what was the criteria that lead to the 43X? What if she decides to get the 43X and doesn't like it for what ever reason? What would you suggest? Buy the 43X and learn to live with it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast