Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock 43X opinions

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    I carry a G19 and when i was looking at the G43X it just seems like a slimmer 19 to me and not that much easier to conceal than the 19 as the grip length is about the same so the printing was very similar on me. It also seemed to me that the G19 was easier to shoot than the G43X. The Shield Arms 15 round mag is a game changer for the 43X though. For me the other plus with the G19 is the range of mag options as i can use the G17 mags and go all the way up to the 33 round mag if needed and this would help with some sport shooting categories but this isnt really a deciding factor for me just a nice to have. I think it may be an idea for her to go to the range and shoot a bunch of different options in the compact, sub-compact and micro ranges and see what she likes to shoot best and then decide on the tradeoffs like concealability, capacity and the like. she has to like the gun AND like to shoot it so that she can put in the time on the range and do a few training courses so that she has confidence in what she is carrying and not just what a bunch of people tell her she should get... just my 2c.

Having said that I'd tell her to get a Glock
    That 4mm difference in width makes it substantially easier to conceal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Also, Im not aware of a sporting discipline were a G19 with a 33 round magazine would be needed, but correct me if im wrong
    Maybe in a Roni for PCC

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    That 4mm difference in width makes it substantially easier to conceal.
    Not really for me, i still got a decent print with the 43X on my frame because of the length of the grip which is pretty similar.

User

My brother has one… If we lived in a country where we could just swap out guns I’d definitely swap out my p07 for a 43x tomorrow purely for easier concealability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't this use the same recoil spring/slide length as the 43 which had issues with +p+ due to slide velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemeister View Post
    My brother has one… If we lived in a country where we could just swap out guns I’d definitely swap out my p07 for a 43x tomorrow purely for easier concealability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. I carry a G19. If it wasn't for my aversion to admin and hanging around the DFO office, I'd be carrying a G43x now.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Doesn't this use the same recoil spring/slide length as the 43 which had issues with +p+ due to slide velocity.
    Didn't know about the +p+ issues, but yes, it's got the same slide and recoil spring as the G43. I see some people in the states that already have a G43, buy a G48, then you can essentially make 3 different guns by mixing up the frame/slide combos. G43 slide on the 48 frame makes a 43x

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I've run +p+ in my 43 just for shits and giggles with no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    I know of two females(small in stature), who initially looked at the G43X but ended up with the G48. That extra slide length may be an issue for some though.
    I'd tend to agree with the above! With short barrelled handguns and their respective holsters, you find they want to 'flop over' in their short holster, hence why people use G19 holsters for G26's! The same would apply with a 43X IMO you'd want a 48 holster to help conceal better, hence why not just go with the 48 which has a longer slide and sight radius!

The Phlster Enigma is a game changer, especially for women, there is a reason the 43/43X/48 Phlster Pro holster is made for a 48! I found when using a locally made G43 holster on my Enigma the tolerances were off, with regards to me not having enough space in between the grip and the Enigma faceplate to achieve a proper grip without scraping skin off of my knuckles, when I switched over to the Pro holster this was solved! I currently carry my 43 in my Enigma with the Pro (full length 48) holster when Enduro mountain biking with no problem!

User

Thanks everyone. I will pass the info on to the young lady.

User

I am licensing 1 soon. Inherited from my mom. She at least got to shoot it before she passed.
    I am currently carrying a P07. And I love it. However, it gets heavy and prints a bit to much for my skinny are. The +2 shoe doesn't help.
    The G43x is a great shooter. Was amazed at how manageable the recoil is. Can't wait to start carrying it. P07 will be used for the odd comp.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast