Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PEW ammunition

User

Default Re: PEW ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    I bought some Limit Match 100 from Safari Outdoor for testing. The headstamp of the cartridge is PEW. Sales person told me that its the same ammo as the PEW bulk packs and also showed me rounds from each box.

Shot a few rounds already and no problems thus far.
    The company LIMIT-Z sro is focused on ammunition, manufactures and sells pistol cartridges and all components for reloading ammunition. The company is specially focused on the production of 9mm Luger cartridges, 9mm Luger REALOADING cartridges and 9mm Luger IPSC cartridges. The production is provided on precision and high-performance machines from Sellier Bellot, Camdex and Dillon from the USA. All production is certified by the State Testing Weapons and Ammunition of the Czech Republic and complies with international CIP standards. Implements the production and sale of ammunition since 2004 and currently supplies also European market.

User

Our company has become the official representative and exclusive distributor of Frontier missiles. Thousands of shooters prefer CMJ Frontier bullets due to unrivaled consistency, overall reliability and accuracy. CMJ bullets are completely coated with pure copper. The core consists of a lead antimony alloy. The shape of the CMJ does not allow the separation of the shell and the core. All CMJ missiles are restructured for greater consistency and overall accuracy

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    Our company has become the official representative and exclusive distributor of Frontier missiles. Thousands of shooters prefer CMJ Frontier bullets due to unrivaled consistency, overall reliability and accuracy. CMJ bullets are completely coated with pure copper. The core consists of a lead antimony alloy. The shape of the CMJ does not allow the separation of the shell and the core. All CMJ missiles are restructured for greater consistency and overall accuracy
    More than a hint of machine translation in this piece of text ;-). "Restructured" "missiles" that don't suffer jacket separation due their shape.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    [COLOR=#000000]Our company has become the official representative and exclusive distributor of Frontier missiles. ...
    It would be great if the prices can return to normal and not inflated for international exports. Else I would probably stick to polymer-coated. The recent jump in price of CMJ's was way more than the commodity price increases.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    It would be great if the prices can return to normal and not inflated for international exports. Else I would probably stick to polymer-coated. The recent jump in price of CMJ's was way more than the commodity price increases.
    The glass half empty guy in me doubts that we will ever see prices, even inflation adjusted ones, like we knew and loved again. I'm very happy to have set myself up for casting and powder coating 'missiles' for everything I shoot except .22LR.

User

Going to be using a bunch of this stuff for a Steel Plate Challenge at the end of the month. will let you know if there are any issues.

User

I frequently shoot at indoor ranges in JHB and pick up brass during the shoots, obviously first asking if it is okay, in order not to be labeled as a brass goblin. Anyway, I probably ended up with about 1500 pieces of 9mm brass and started cleaning them this morning. It is then that in a sample size of about 250 odd pieces I found two "hairline cracks", running vertically for roughly 1 cm each as per the images below on the PEW brass.

7SLFz9W.jpg1NCNSBk.jpg

Btw the firing pins marks on the spent primer for one of them looks like the iconic Glock strike, whereas I can't determine the second as it is a more water drop shaped.

And no, I doubt it is my cleaning method, I use 15 liters of lukewarm water, 1 tsp of Citric & Tartaric Acid and about 5ml of Sunlight with a dash of clean green in a stationary bucket. After it has been dried it goes into the vibratory tumbler for about 4 hours. I still need to deprime and then remove the stickiness created by the dry tumbling.

I was wondering if anyone else has found this on PEW range brass before? It also looks to be once fired, will return to this post should I find more cracks.

User

My own brass does this as well. It simply means those cases have reached the end of their reloading lifespan. Enough cycles and they split eventually. Inspect your cleaned brass for split cases and toss them.

I can actually hear a different sound if I have split cases when I’m busy separating brass from tumbling media.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    My own brass does this as well. It simply means those cases have reached the end of their reloading lifespan. Enough cycles and they split eventually. Inspect your cleaned brass for split cases and toss them.

I can actually hear a different sound if I have split cases when I’m busy separating brass from tumbling media.
    100% understood, but my only concern is that the PEW ammunition hasn't been that long on the shelves right? Hence me having second thoughts about using them in my reloading process.

I deprimed the two and they honestly look once fired, primer walls look new as is the primer pockets as they have minimal powder gunk. There is also no "nipple/crater" created on the primer pocket which normally for me indicates its been shot a few times and I end up chucking it.

User

Those cracks can also be an indication that the cases or cartridges were stored in the presence of ammonia, e.g. in the same box or container as ammonia based cleaners.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast