User

Default SAPSA Level 4 African Handgun Champs

Did anyone else from here compete in the level 4 match in Stilfontein?

I was disappointed that the US competitors like KC Eusebio had to pull out after it was rescheduled, but the stages were challenging, fun and well presented. 24 stages in three days of rain and intense heat is a challenge enough and well done to all who finished.

The match ran efficiently except for the resets due to wind (unavoidable) and ESS (required by IPSC for a level 4 or above match and..TIA).

An excellent performance by all the RO's. Thanks guys and girls.

I had to pull some late nights in order to be at the match , with very little prep or sleep. It was worth it

Default Re: SAPSA Level 4 African Handgun Champs

Sounds like it was a good one!

For a moment my brain linked KC Eusebio to Eusebius McKaiser and I had a major WTF moment.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

The fact that Garret-John Evans won Standard with a Glock 17 (Minor) is insane!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The fact that Garret-John Evans won Standard with a Glock 17 (Minor) is insane!!
    Nope, I don't think it's insane.
    For the top competitors it's more time than score that makes the difference. If you actually look at the number of As (or the %score)they shooting it's always been very little Cs and Ds don't happen.

Minor can be shot faster than Major. More importantly you can have more ammo in the gun and actually run a Standard plan compared to running a Production plan
    Think about it, 32rd stages can be shot comfortably with 2mags. 16rd stage could now be done without a 'safety' mag change.
    A class/top shooters minor makes sense as you don't really need the scoring advantage.

CZ launched the TS2 specifically built for standard in 9mm only for now.

Reminds Me I Have a G34 for sale that might be more attractive now....
    Fwiw I shoot my shadow in standard.

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    For the top competitors it's more time than score that makes the difference. If you actually look at the number of As (or the %score)they shooting it's always been very little Cs and Ds don't happen.

Minor can be shot faster than Major. More importantly you can have more ammo in the gun and actually run a Standard plan compared to running a Production plan
    Think about it, 32rd stages can be shot comfortably with 2mags. 16rd stage could now be done without a 'safety' mag change.
    A class/top shooters minor makes sense as you don't really need the scoring advantage.

Yes true, us peasants need the major scoring, well I know I would if I shot Standard, did a few matches with my 34 and it didnt work out

Sent from my Fax Machine.

User

Awesome match and a lovely venue. It was my first time in Stilfontein. The ricochets were a bit rough though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post

For a moment my brain linked KC Eusebio to Eusebius McKaiser and I had a major WTF moment.
    That would have been an odd match

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post

We spoke about it a while ago and at that time he scored better with his G35 in major than G17 in minor most of the time.

He may be more used to the G17 now though as he has been training with it for a while with this goal in mind.

I'll ask why he chose the G17 rather than a minor load in his G35 or a nice G34 gen 5.

His movement and precision is spot on, split times with the gun / loads doesn't seem to contribute much difference

Grant shot a very pretty Beretta 92x , a gun we should be seeing a few more of around soon

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Awesome match and a lovely venue. It was my first time in Stilfontein. The ricochets were a bit rough though.
    My windscreen took one...