Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Convicted Offenders Bill

https://dearsouthafrica.co.za/cobill/

If passed, this will will require the taking of DNA samples of all criminals convicted of sexual offences, which is especially dire given how endemic rape, sexual abuse of children, and human trafficking are in our country. This could help arrest repeat offenders and prevent women and children from being violated. so please to all members of this forum, give comment and help pass this into law.

Default Re: Convicted Offenders Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    https://dearsouthafrica.co.za/cobill/

If passed, this will will require the taking of DNA samples of all criminals convicted of sexual offences, which is especially dire given how endemic rape, sexual abuse of children, and human trafficking are in our country. This could help arrest repeat offenders and prevent women and children from being violated. so please to all members of this forum, give comment and help pass this into law.
    While I agree with this, I think it's a slippery slope.

Next they want your DNA for non violent offences, then traffic offence, then to get an firearm license, then to get an ID.

DNA evidence is also easy to plant, and our cops have shown their willingness to plant evidence on multiple occasions.

The less control and power the government have the better in my eyes.

I personally dont mind if they take your DNA when issuing you with your ID card. Or at birth.

Why wait till someone first rapes someone. Have to get caught. Then take DNA for if he does again.

Why would any person be afraid of having their DNA on record. Unless your a criminal or doing stuff wrong and afraid of being caught out.

User

In all honesty, our "government" cant even run a drivers license system, so what would make anyone believe that they could successfully run a criminal DNA database?

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I personally dont mind if they take your DNA when issuing you with your ID card. Or at birth.

Why wait till someone first rapes someone. Have to get caught. Then take DNA for if he does again.

Why would any person be afraid of having their DNA on record. Unless your a criminal or doing stuff wrong and afraid of being caught out.
    The less reasons a criminal cop has the chance of showing up at my door, the better.
    The incompetence of the SAPS is no secret, I'm not willing to be questioned because they "matched" my DNA to a crime scene on the other end of the country and are to thick to make reasonable assumptions about the likelihood of me being involved in that crime.

To qualify the above, SARS managed to screw up my personal details when they done their upgrade, despite my details still displaying correctly in other areas of my profile.
    Do I want my DNA stored by completely inept buffoons? No thanks.

User

For the convicted and imprisoned, they should absolutely have it to check for cold cases. That's worked well enough in the USA by the sound of things.

But if you go by 23 and Me, your DNA tells a lot more about you than the government should know by default. I don't want the government to have the power of Maury or House.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    In all honesty, our "government" cant even run a drivers license system, so what would make anyone believe that they could successfully run a criminal DNA database?
    Nailed it.

User

This is another fantasy brainfart on the part of the country's leadership. Up there with Squirrel's high speed rail network and other pipe dreams. I would challenge them to target a 1% conviction rate increase on any category of crime they pick as that will present a monumental challenge on its own.

That theory only holds when the law suits you, your culture and your moral compass.

If being white and employed in certain industries become a crime, or being Jewish, or being a Christian or being out after dark without a pass, or drinking alcohol at a braai etc. etc.

And no it's not crazy tinfoil hat stuff, random discriminatory laws have been implemented and violently enforced in countless examples in many countries in human history.

User

Because our government is demonstrably a criminal syndicate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast