Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Almost arrested at joburg airport

I took a live 7.65 cartridge through Cape Town, Johburg, Singapore, Brunei and back again. I only noticed it when I was looking for a missing flashdrive and upended my laptop bag.

I don't have a 7.65 pistol...

User

Caught a late night flight from ORT, enroute to KL via Dubai. My carry on gets scanned this side, we pass through all ok no problems. When we get to Dubai and we only have a 2 hour lay over yaaaay. Pass the carry on through the scanner and the lady calls the supervisor to come have a looksie. He's eyes get a tad bigger than normal and fishes something out of the side pocket of my bag and low behold it's my fully loaded G17 mag that I couldn't find anywhere. Soooo now the fun and games begin.

They take us to the security office where everyone and his uncle comes to have a look at us and the mag full of ammo like we're a side show. I tell them it's my wife's cos I didn't have my license on me and she had hers, well that added another dimension to the situation lol. A woman that owns a gun, are you serious, yep we're serious so what do we do to get outta here ASAP chaps. Ok so at least they didn't put us in jail lol, basically they made us miss our connecting flight, had to park at the airport for 26 hours for the next flight to KL. So we still feel we got off easy considering the circumstances, oh they took the ammo and let us keep the mag, so nice of them lol...

Lessons learnt.............triple check All bags before heading to the airport

User

Quote Originally Posted by Killabeez View Post
    Lessons learnt.............triple check All bags before heading to the airport
    That sounds like an incredibly lucky escape!

User

I recall some horror on a BA flight when a person had a book with a picture of a gun on the cover. i shit you not

User

Spare a thought for the SA chap that’s still in a Nairobi jail because he had a blue training gun in his checked luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

The luggage I use for traveling, and the bags I use to go to the range, aren't even in the same room. I'd hate to have to go through this. I travel A LOT!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Spare a thought for the SA chap that’s still in a Nairobi jail because he had a blue training gun in his checked luggage.
    Yip they don't mess about there. Have left 2 keychain Letherman Squirts behind there when I forgot to put them in hold luggage on flying out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3