Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Return of the Hi Power

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Hope they have a better SA trigger in this over the original.
    The reviews I've seen so far all point to that being the case. Apparently was quite a big focus of the exercise.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    All of them.
    So, all GLOCKS are double action? Now I am confused. I was under the impression that all striker-fired pistols are single action only. As an example that few people these days have a problem with single-action only pistols.

Where most modern shooters have a problem is with hammer fired pistols.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    So, all GLOCKS are double action? Now I am confused. I was under the impression that all striker-fired pistols are single action only. As an example that few people these days have a problem with single-action only pistols.

Where most modern shooters have a problem is with hammer fired pistols.
    "Single action" in almost universal usage refers to a hammer fired firearm where the act of cocking the hammer and releasing it are performed in separate actions. Some refer to a fully pre-cocked striker fired action as single action too. Glocks have neither of those. The striker is partially cocked and must be pulled to the rear by the trigger before it can clear the sear, or whatever that is called in Glockish.

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    So, all GLOCKS are double action?
    No.

GLOCKS and a great many other striker fired guns operate with a semi pre-cocked striker.

The act of pulling the trigger completes the cocking of the striker and releases it.

GLOCK calls their system Safe Action, other manufacturers call it something else.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I thought about Turkish contract manufacture too, Tisas maybe.

The mag safety is deleted

They say the hammer has been reprofiled and is supposedly a lower hammer bite risk.
    "Based on one of the most prolific and popular pistols in small arms history, the Springfield Armory® SA-35 gives today’s shooters a modern take on a revered classic. Featuring subtle but significant upgrades to John Moses Browning’s original P-35 design, the 9mm SA-35 captures the appeal of the “wood and steel” era of arms making while offering the upgraded enhancements of today’s defensive pistols. Made in the U.S.A., the SA-35 features rugged forged steel parts for strength and durability, improved ergonomics and enhanced controls, a factory tuned trigger, modern sights, an improved feed ramp design, and an increased 15-round capacity."

Surely the difference between SA, DA and Striker fire was covered in Competency training.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The reviews I've seen so far all point to that being the case. Apparently was quite a big focus of the exercise.
    If I recall they use to have Mag Safety as well. Which off course is the greatest evil in any pistol to a good trigger. For example Modern Rugers.

Hope that also was taken out to improve the trigger.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Hope that also was taken out to improve the trigger.
    It was.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I much prefer this sort of hammer: https://cylinder-slide.com/Category/BHPhs
    Damn your eyes for opening up the C&S pandora's box, it was tightly shut just before my daughter's birth! Their stuff is jewel like and I have always imagined that if I murdered my wife and hid her body well enough I might make enough from the life insurance claim to buy one of their bespoke pieces.

Browsing around I see that they offer Tisas based BHP packages. That's a pretty glowing endorsement of the 'raw material' that Tisas offers I'd imagine. The stainless Tisas pistols are very nice looking things so maybe if one of those pops up on the used market I may give it a whirl. Suspect used prices would stay low if and until brand recognition improves.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I absolutely love the GP35 and I have a few.

The Commando Armourer I knew had a passion for them. He made those he worked on an absolute piece of pure functionality and reliability. It is up today something that I would EDC.

(in a proper holster, I don't sweat about carrying locked)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast