Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Great service from Amazon

I am impressed with Amazon. Ordered some stuff from them last week Tuesday evening. A week later with a weekend and a public holiday in between my parcel just arrived. This time the parcel was shipped with DHL (at the same price as Aramex in the past).

User

Default Re: Great service from Amazon

I do alot of shopping on Amazon and they amazing.
    Heard they will be coming to South Africa soon.
    Hopefully there price and offerings stay the same.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Yeah I've ordered books recently from Amazon UK that arrived delivered to my door by DHL Express within 3 days - impressive. But hell it's expensive at £22.57 per book, which delivery cost per book reduces as more books are added to the order.

Now if only we could order firearm parts and accessories from Amazon.

User

I just bought a pair of Walker razor electronic ear muffs that where on sale for basically half the price (including taxes and shipping fees)
    Got them for R750.

We can get some stuff accessories from the USA Amazon.
    Black Friday coming up so keep your eyes peeled.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

They have some Lee Molds and Sizing dies for cast bullets which works out cheaper then buying locally I have seen.

User

My order has been cancelled for bullet molds returned to Amazon from the US customs. Amazon gave me a credit with reason illegal items for export. (A Biden thing?) I suspect Amazon used the wrong export code. Previous all my bullet molds and "M" dies from Amazon arrived with the machine parts export code.

User

I bought an HP laptop for my daughter on Amazon a week ago. Expecting a bit of buyers remorse I checked for black friday deals locally and was pleasantly surprised to see that the best price for a slightly lower spec machine here as still R4k less than I paid with shipping and customs.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I bought an HP laptop for my daughter on Amazon a week ago. Expecting a bit of buyers remorse I checked for black friday deals locally and was pleasantly surprised to see that the best price for a slightly lower spec machine locally was still R4k more than I paid with shipping and customs.
    Makes a bit more sense now.

To add to this it was purchased on their Global Shipping program where you pay duty up front so no buggering about with customs. It was in my daughters sweaty palms 6 working days from order which is roughly the same as it would be if ordered from Takealot so all round I was very impressed.

User

Also purchased from Amazon but realized too late that US appliances are rated at 110v. Around 1k to get a decent transformer and not practical. Cost me quite a bit to return. But some of their lead times are even better than Takealot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Makes a bit more sense now.

To add to this it was purchased on their Global Shipping program where you pay duty up front so no buggering about with customs. It was in my daughters sweaty palms 6 working days from order which is roughly the same as it would be if ordered from Takealot so all round I was very impressed.
    I think the big local e-tailers are exposing themselves to some risk of havingtheir lunch eaten by Amazon. After getting my daughter's HP laptop from Amazon in 6 working days for R4k cheaper than the best black friday offer in SA I ordered some accessories (mice, mice pads and a laptop bag) from Takealot. These are scheduled to arrive 14 working days from date of order. That's pretty pathetic by comparison and given that the identical items could get here from Amazon at under R100 more I'll need some convincing to use them again. i doubt that I'm alone in this observation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast