Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Another Ear Pro discussion

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Since I only paid $16 for the gel inserts, I think I got a bargain.

The shots are reduced about as much as with a passive plug/muff, same as with any active (electronic) ear muff, but I could still hear a conversation while others were shooting. Some cheaper active muffs cut off everything and have a delay before you can hear again.
    I only had them in for an hour, but that was comfortable. They do come with different inserts for different ear hole sizes.
    They are regarded as of the better makes, so yes, I would think so.
    R2290.92 to be exact.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Actually not a bad price at all, in the end.

User

An update:

17 months down the line and my RH electronic plug stopped working. I guess the thin cable eventually frayed out somewhere. I did use it quite often.

Back to square one, searching for a hearing protection solution to fit my needs again.

The passive Walkers with gel pads are still super comfy and effective.

User

An update:

17 months down the line and my RH electronic plug stopped working. I guess the thin cable eventually frayed out somewhere. I did use it quite often.

Back to square one, searching for a hearing protection solution to fit my needs again.

The passive Walkers with gel pads are still super comfy and effective.
    MSA Sordin's are the way to go. There is more than one agent in S.A as well, so try all of them. Not sure who retails them anymore in S.A.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    MSA Sordin's are the way to go. There is more than one agent in S.A as well, so try all of them. Not sure who retails them anymore in S.A.
    https://bulletsandbrass.co.za/produc...eme-pro-black/

https://bulletsandbrass.co.za/produc...-hear2-inside/

https://bulletsandbrass.co.za/produc...iene-gel-pads/

I have purchased a few items from Moosa in the past, excellent service from him

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Obviously a quality product, but the whole package is going to cost me close to R7k with the gel pads. Quite steep I would say.

By comparison, I can have a set of Walkers Slimline Razors with gel pads for R1,6k delivered at my office.

I will need to think about this for a while...

User

Obviously a quality product, but the whole package is going to cost me close to R7k with the gel pads. Quite steep I would say.

By comparison, I can have a set of Walkers Slimline Razors with gel pads for R1,6k delivered at my office.

I will need to think about this for a while...
    I'm still clutching my pearls on a pair of gel pads for my sportatcs nearly 10 years after I bought them. The price of stuff is escalating so fast I'm constantly caught wishing I had just bought way back when and eaten bread for a week. This shooting thing is rapidly getting to be an unaffordable luxury.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm still clutching my pearls on a pair of gel pads for my sportatcs nearly 10 years after I bought them. The price of stuff is escalating so fast I'm constantly caught wishing I had just bought way back when and eaten bread for a week. This shooting thing is rapidly getting to be an unaffordable luxury.
    My biggest issue with such a pricey set of muffs is that, as stated in the first post, I will likely perspire it to death long before it wears out. Not worth the risk with an expensive set.

User

My biggest issue with such a pricey set of muffs is that, as stated in the first post, I will likely perspire it to death long before it wears out. Not worth the risk with an expensive set.
    I'm max anal retentive and clean all my gear after every shoot in a sad and pathetic discipline specific routine. Ear and eye pro are cleaned immediately after cracking homecoming beers with a mild soapy micro fibre cloth so my ears and eyes have held up for nearly a decade.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm max anal retentive and clean all my gear after every shoot in a sad and pathetic discipline specific routine. Ear and eye pro are cleaned immediately after cracking homecoming beers with a mild soapy micro fibre cloth so my ears and eyes have held up for nearly a decade.
    My old Debens didn't die from lack of cleaning. The perspiration killed the PC board within 2 hours on the range. Here in Limpopo we can't wait for cool weather to shoot. If we did that we would still have primers left...

User

My old Debens didn't die from lack of cleaning. The perspiration killed the PC board within 2 hours on the range. Here in Limpopo we can't wait for cool weather to shoot. If we did that we would still have primers left...
    That's hardcore. I sweat like a horse and can't use earbud style headphones as a result but my tacsports have held up. I suspect that if I didn't clean them every time I use them that might not have been the case.

Polymer circuit board protection spray might help perhaps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast