Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Another Ear Pro discussion

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Amazon quoted me around R1700 for the Walker's Razor Slim with Radio, delivered. They do have a return option, but not much of a warranty. Keep in mind they are only resellers. I'm not really a fan of the rocket man anyway. Not sure how Walker's themselves will handle warranty claims.
    The local stockist's are asking R1700 for the Razor Slim and another R1100 for the radio, just for comparison. And I have my doubts about their service in case of a warranty claim...

I am somewhat familiar with the MSA and Peltor products, and I do think they are excellent products, but I don't think they will serve my specific needs as well as the setup I described before.
    Black friday on Amazon is the 26th of November I think.
    I picked up pair of walker razors for R750,including shipping ,duties and taxes on a early black friday deal on amazon

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Goodies77 View Post
    Black friday on Amazon is the 26th of November I think.
    I picked up pair of walker razors for R750,including shipping ,duties and taxes on a early black friday deal on amazon

I was actually having a look at the Walker Razor Slims today. How good are these ? Price seems reasonable

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    I was actually having a look at the Walker Razor Slims today. How good are these ? Price seems reasonable

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    I haven't used them yet, can only say that from the YouTube reviews they seem good for there price point.
    Will let you know as soon as I get them.
    Should be near the end of the month.

As a small note. The bone behind your ear. also transmits sound into your middle ear. Have seen bluetooth earpieces in shops that sits there and place your music for you.

When you go for ear test at audiologist they also attach there to check hearing and nerves.

So in ear is great. But your leaving this bone open. Which could also relay loud sound waves into ear causing damage I pressume.

So best is normal ear muffs. I love my Sordin once. As they are digital. And you dont get the cut off as with cheapies. Peltor also dont have cut off.

If you going to shoot large rifle or the nut next to you is shooting with a Muzzle Brake on. then use in ear and the muffs over it. Then set volume to high. And you will still hear talking and you will have very good in ear and behind ear protection.

Rather over protect then having to say WHAT? when talking to people when you get older.

Also if you ride bike above 100km/h. Make sure to wear in ear protection. Alpine makes nice biker in ear which cuts wind noise. As your hearing over time gets damaged from the wind noise above 100km/h

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    As a small note. The bone behind your ear. also transmits sound into your middle ear. Have seen bluetooth earpieces in shops that sits there and place your music for you.

When you go for ear test at audiologist they also attach there to check hearing and nerves.

So in ear is great. But your leaving this bone open. Which could also relay loud sound waves into ear causing damage I pressume.

So best is normal ear muffs. I love my Sordin once. As they are digital. And you dont get the cut off as with cheapies. Peltor also dont have cut off.

If you going to shoot large rifle or the nut next to you is shooting with a Muzzle Brake on. then use in ear and the muffs over it. Then set volume to high. And you will still hear talking and you will have very good in ear and behind ear protection.

Rather over protect then having to say WHAT? when talking to people when you get older.

Also if you ride bike above 100km/h. Make sure to wear in ear protection. Alpine makes nice biker in ear which cuts wind noise. As your hearing over time gets damaged from the wind noise above 100km/h
    From my limited reading , the recommendation is "double up" (muffs and earplugs) at indoor ranges.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Walker's actually make a head phone system that connects to you behind the ear lobes. I suppose they go with plugs.

And yes, this is why I am looking for a more elaborate hearing protection system that still allows me to hear properly, even while hunting or sneaking around the yard in the dark, while still offering better protection from EXTRA LOUD muzzle blasts.

The normal plug under electronic muff setup that I'm presently using is fine on the range, for fairly short periods. On the long run it gets very uncomfortable. But I'm repeating myself now.

User

So I took the plunge and ordered a set of Walkers GWP-BTN electronic hearing protection, without the Bluetooth option, along with a set of passive muffs with gel pads.

Total cost is over R2.2k

Will see how they work when they arrive eventually.

User

Got the plugs delivered yesterday, way ahead of expected delivery date.

Unpacked them and charged them immediately.

Only one disappointment, the mics sit on the end of the ear plugs, not on the collar part.

Wore them to the range today, and I must say they work very well. Sound is clear and shots are filtered out.

I also tested them with passive muffs worn over them, and miraculously I could hear the range commands clearly.

I think I can live with them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Got the plugs delivered yesterday, way ahead of expected delivery date.

Unpacked them and charged them immediately.

Only one disappointment, the mics sit on the end of the ear plugs, not on the collar part.

Wore them to the range today, and I must say they work very well. Sound is clear and shots are filtered out.

I also tested them with passive muffs worn over them, and miraculously I could hear the range commands clearly.

I think I can live with them.
    @A-R
    Greetings Sir

So out of interest sake, I have 3M™ PELTOR™ SportTac™ with the gel inserts which is totally worth the extra R500 I paid back then.
    3M™ PELTOR™ SportTac™ Hearing Protector -Green & Orange Cups (hpc-peltor.co.za)

So when you say” shots are filtered out “do you mean the actual gun shot is reduced or is completely silenced / blocked.
    The Peltor’s reduces the sound of the shot, so you can actually still hear the shot and can hear a difference if there should be a problem with your round or firearm etc.
    Do they get uncomfortable in your ear canal at all after two or so hours ?
    I’ve never tried MSA Sordin, but I would hope they function the same way.
    So the TOTAL cost to your door was R2 200?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @A-R
    Greetings Sir

So out of interest sake, I have 3M™ PELTOR™ SportTac™ with the gel inserts which is totally worth the extra R500 I paid back then.
    3M™ PELTOR™ SportTac™ Hearing Protector -Green & Orange Cups (hpc-peltor.co.za)
    Since I only paid $16 for the gel inserts, I think I got a bargain.

So when you say” shots are filtered out “do you mean the actual gun shot is reduced or is completely silenced / blocked.
    The Peltor’s reduces the sound of the shot, so you can actually still hear the shot and can hear a difference if there should be a problem with your round or firearm etc.
    The shots are reduced about as much as with a passive plug/muff, same as with any active (electronic) ear muff, but I could still hear a conversation while others were shooting. Some cheaper active muffs cut off everything and have a delay before you can hear again.

Do they get uncomfortable in your ear canal at all after two or so hours ?
    I only had them in for an hour, but that was comfortable. They do come with different inserts for different ear hole sizes.

I’ve never tried MSA Sordin, but I would hope they function the same way.
    They are regarded as of the better makes, so yes, I would think so.

So the TOTAL cost to your door was R2 200?

R2290.92 to be exact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast