Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: South Africa strikes historic R130bn deal with rich countries to move away from coal

The climate is changing. It has always been changing. We go through cold periods, and hot periods. This has always been the case.

How big of an impact humans have is still debatable.

But I think one thing most people can agree on, is that we need to stop polluting, and clean up as best we can.

That is why I appreciate and support initiatives like the Ocean Cleanup Project. They have barges placed in large rivers to catch plastics and other objects before they reach the oceans. The also have a system to remove plastics from the great Pacific Garbage patch. Whether it will be cleaned in our lifetime is unlikely, but it is a start.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    I'm shocked that the posts on this thread suggest the whole climate change thing is a new way for the rich to stay rich dropping crumbs along the way and not a genuine movement to save the planet
    It’s got fuckall to do with saving the planet and all to do with money amd taxes and dont forget control. The earths climate has been changing from the day it was molten rock. In human history there have been about 8 years ice ages. The carbon boom resulted in a boom in a pant life that accelerated the growth of other live. 30 yea back they said by the year 2000 New York would be under water and most coastal cities too. The poplar bears extinct and other doom and gloom. Fact is fossil fuels are key to growth and if you want to make a real difference don’t replace them with “green” energy options replace them with Nuclear energy. Nuclear has much less of a negative impact than solar & wind but it’s been demonised so unless the Greta Thurnburgs of the world start to advocate for nuclear you. Can bet your bottom dollar it’s all about control and and money and making you fearful and not saving the planet

User

Default Re: South Africa strikes historic R130bn deal with rich countries to move away from coal

You guys subscribe to this channel on YouTube? Take a look:

Website, if you prefer: https://suspicious0bservers.org/

R\Griff

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Shocked ?

You also think that booster shot mandates every three months for the rest of your life, including children as young as five, is to save people's lives.

Well I do think that Pfizer's new drug which is taken with an existing anti retroviral is definitely not a clever placebo or another existing drug in disguise and is therefore the reason why it is 89% effective, so now we don't have to take booster shots. And to get that add on drug just right required so much trials and research, it really proved all the ivermectin advocates wrong. And also it's silly to think that available existing treatments were blocked causing the deaths of so many. Hail Pfizer!

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59178291

User

User

One can only marvel at the sheer stupidity of these first world nations.
    Africa is a black hole, it doesn’t matter what you throw at it you never get anything back.

Oh they’ll get it back alright. These are loans, so we’ll all be on the hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    I'm shocked that the posts on this thread suggest the whole climate change thing is a new way for the rich to stay rich dropping crumbs along the way and not a genuine movement to save the planet
    You picked that up from the posts? Interesting. The 'movement' is largely the domain of rich westerners with relatively vast wealth and commensurate impacts on the consumption of resources. Very few people who have lectured me about 'human induced' climate change don't have a Macmansion, a nice shiny new car or two and bunch of kids in tow. The vast majority of the worlds population are as interested in the topic as they are in your pronouns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    That is why I appreciate and support initiatives like the Ocean Cleanup Project. They have barges placed in large rivers to catch plastics and other objects before they reach the oceans. The also have a system to remove plastics from the great Pacific Garbage patch. Whether it will be cleaned in our lifetime is unlikely, but it is a start.
    This is the sort of practical, unglamorous stuff I can get behind.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    This is the sort of practical, unglamorous stuff I can get behind.
    Unfortunately, most people don't want practical solutions. They want to scream into the void about how something must be done, by someone else. As long as they can be seen "doing something", everything is OK. But getting down and actually doing it, nah.

That is why I said, no matter where you stand, we should be able to agree that it is bad for mines and factories to dump their waste in rivers and oceans. It is bad for them to spew crap into the air, and it is bad for people to dump their waste into rivers and oceans. If we can stop this, and clean up the mess already made, the world would be a much better place.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast