Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Zero-ing a Reflex on PCC

SO I took the plunge and obtained myself a Holosun HS510C for my Beretta CX4. I intend to zero it @25m.
    Anything else I should be aware of?

User

Default Re: Zero-ing a Reflex on PCC

Go Fast, Don't Suck?

In all seriousness... zero deistance doesn't matter, what matters is practicing with that zero distance and getting gooder with it.
    For instance, I zeroed mine at 7m, sight over bore as it was supposed to be temporary measure just to shoot a club match... I've left it at that and just learnt my holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Go Fast, Don't Suck?

In all seriousness... zero deistance doesn't matter, what matters is practicing with that zero distance and getting gooder with it.
    For instance, I zeroed mine at 7m, sight over bore as it was supposed to be temporary measure just to shoot a club match... I've left it at that and just learnt my holds.
    The answer to every gun related question is not "Practicing more and getting gooder."

A well selected zero will make the required holds much less distance sensitive, freeing you up to learn more worthwhile things.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    The answer to every gun related question is not "Practicing more and getting gooder."

A well selected zero will make the required holds much less distance sensitive, freeing you up to learn more worthwhile things.
    Well that seals it. I will disregard what every well regarded instructor says.

Also you're shooting pcc in ipsc... holds really arent that hard to remember at pistop distances. Literally everything is to hold up.

And also the answer to most things in life is.... practising to get gooder.

User

Thanks for the advice Marius. I always hold your comments in high regard.

Stevin, It's useless to practice a lot if your equipment is not set up correctly. Or if you start to practice and start to imprint "bad habits" into your routine.

Well that seals it. I will disregard what every well regarded instructor says.
    Every well-regarded instructor says that you should make sure you are doing the right thing (get training) before making it permanent (practice.) Or set up your equipment correctly before imprinting bad habits, as Mic said.

Also you're shooting pcc in ipsc... holds really arent that hard to remember at pistop distances. Literally everything is to hold up.
    Well, you can... if you set up your zero like you did. If you set up with a conventional zero at 25m like Mic is going to, you most certainly cannot. The difference between the two approaches can be a worthy discussion. Just saying "Practice more get gooder" kills that discussion.

User

I, for one, would like to know what is 'best practice', if you will (referring to PCC specifically). Zero at 10m as a happy medium? or 25m? I don't realistically see shots farther than 25 frequently, but then I'm not shooting in comps.

Im waiting for my PC9 approval. But will be zeroing at 25m.

The Red dot sits pretty high above the barrel. Much higher then the open sights. So at short range the Red dot really has to look down or be adjusted down to be on impact point.

So if your going to set zero at short range Kess then 10. Its really going to be alot higher impact down range. So 25m a tthis point to me feels like the best option.

I believe the factories mostly on handguns test fire and set open sights also to 25m.

Also depends if you want to shoot on the dot at short distance. And then out to 25 happy with impact above the dot.

Or if you want dot on impact at 25m. And happy that at 10m the impact will be below the dot on target.

Typing this now. Im actually might setup my red dot closer. As On open sights I like the impact to be slightly above where I aim

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Every well-regarded instructor says that you should make sure you are doing the right thing (get training) before making it permanent (practice.) Or set up your equipment correctly before imprinting bad habits, as Mic said.

Well, you can... if you set up your zero like you did. If you set up with a conventional zero at 25m like Mic is going to, you most certainly cannot. The difference between the two approaches can be a worthy discussion. Just saying "Practice more get gooder" kills that discussion.

Yep... also we are speaking about zero distance.
    Training is a form of practice and practice is a form of training.

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Thanks for the advice Marius. I always hold your comments in high regard.

Stevin, It's useless to practice a lot if your equipment is not set up correctly. Or if you start to practice and start to imprint "bad habits" into your routine.
    Once again. I reiterate that well regarded instructors will say they use x zero, but it's more important to know your own zero and learn to shoot it. To use examples of instructors with their rifle zero (where hold overs / unders are of more importance). Travis Haley does a 200m, Joe Farewell does a 100m... Guess someone is wrong even though they both perform their expected tasks with the chosen zero.

Let's be honest here we are not living in the dark days before the internet. All the information you need to make an initial decision on zero is out there.

A certain zero distance will in no way create bad habits. Shooters it seems in general can't seem to separate the macro from the micro when it comes to implementing training, as well as when it's important to implement each.

I almost want to say I think the Holosun apppears to be at least 2" above the barrel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast