Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Who to use for couriering firearms and how to do it?

Howzit guys, I hope everyone is well. I have managed to get a storage permit for a firearm I have purchased in the Cape. I am based in KZN and will need to get it couriered to me. In the past I have had firearms dealer stocked at a dealer in Cape Town and then had the weapon couriered to my local store where it was stored till my license was obtained. So this is all new to me. I have the permit, so how do I go about arranging transport?

-Are Ram the only options? I’ve had bad experiences with them in the past.
    -If they are, do I merely phone them up and and arrange that the current owner drops it off at one of their branches with a copy of the permit?
    -Would it be better to have it dropped at a dealer in Cape Town and then couriered to me without them dealer stocking it? Just to make the transportation company more liable if something goes wrong. I’m not even sure if that’s possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Adrian.

User

Default Re: Who to use for couriering firearms and how to do it?

Blu Logistics also does transportation of firearms. They have been cheaper than RAM every time I used them. They also supply transportation cases if needed.

Get in contact with them and find out what paperwork they require

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Bought a AR15 in Cape Town. Seller took the AR to Wildman Cape Gate. Then he phoned Blue Logistics. They picked it up from Wildman Cape Gate, dropped it at Tac Shac here in Gauteng. Seller then sent me the bill. I refunded him. Collected AR from Tac Shac when my license was approved. That's the TLDR version of it.

RAM, Blue Logistics and there is a company called White Smoke.

If you have plenty of time to wait ant patient as heck. Use Blue Logistics

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    RAM, Blue Logistics and there is a company called White Smoke.

If you have plenty of time to wait ant patient as heck. Use Blue Logistics
    Sometimes a wait with Blu Logistics / Buccaneer Road Freight, but I was kept in the loop. Ram I have had an issue with here and there. White Smoke, no idea.

User

Every time I have had a firearm sent by courier it was substantially cheaper to arrange it through a dealer than doing it privately, even if using the same company. Maybe dealers pay cheaper rates?

User

Give Blu logistics a call, get a quote. If you are happy with the quote, then fill out the consent forms and mail back to them. They will pick up from current owner and drop off with you.

I am also based in KZN and Iv used them a few times. If you need any help, just PM me.

User

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it. Info like this is hard to find on the internet. Will give Blu a call and see what the quote will cost.

User

Quote Originally Posted by golof View Post
    Give Blu logistics a call, get a quote. If you are happy with the quote, then fill out the consent forms and mail back to them. They will pick up from current owner and drop off with you.

I am also based in KZN and Iv used them a few times. If you need any help, just PM me.
    Thanks a lot Golof. I appreciate the offer. May have to take you up on it. Have a good one.

RAM is ok price wise and they are quite fast too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast