Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Guest House Shooting

I wonder if Bolhuis really said that. I don't trust journalists too much. But if he did the mind boggles. Warning shots, shot in the leg... where does he come up with this crap.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    I wonder if Bolhuis really said that. I don't trust journalists too much. But if he did the mind boggles. Warning shots, shot in the leg... where does he come up with this crap.
    A warning shot to the forehead usually takes the fight right out of them.

Usually.

User

If he was able to control his emotions and temperament, it could have gone so much better.
    To tackle/wrestle/grapple a person with a loaded firearm, surely you cannot expect that from any police officer, his own safety matters as well. I guess we would never know what the interaction between him and the Police was when they arrived on scene. It’s unfair to try and compare this to USA police, because each state is different, receives different training, has different laws and some Police departments don’t get non-lethal options issued to them due to budget restraints.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Pretty shoddy policing in my view - for what that is worth. I hope the cops and ex cops chime in with their views.

If he was being interviewed, why was he allowed to break contact with the police to get his gun? Why was he allowed to brandish it without being taken down? Why was he not being interviewed in a space that the police can control. Why was the policeman lounging on his ass in the room with an obviously agitated person? Why was his gun out of his holster? Why was he not in a position to create space and prevent a grab?

Did the dude rate getting shot? Probably. Could and should it have been avoided through better policing? Probably.

The police are there to protect the public. Sometimes the public needs protection from themselves.

As a ex Cop I will gladly discuss this scenario one on one with you, just not here as it will most probability go south soon.

I have very strong views as to what happened here and how it should have been handled.

PM me and we can talk.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    A warning shot to the forehead usually takes the fight right out of them.

Usually.

I am now more interested as to what happened here and what ammo failed like that?

User

Someone like Bolhuis spouts that crap, he is seen as an authority, the media parrot it, and the next thing we have every tom dick and harry thinking they're a legal expert around a braai

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    As a ex Cop I will gladly discuss this scenario one on one with you, just not here as it will most probability go south soon.

I have very strong views as to what happened here and how it should have been handled.

User

Tazer gun per van might also changed the outcome
    But
    1 his actions bad for us gun owners cat in hat feul
    2 he is not worthy to be a gun owner

99% of fun owners won't act like this as we know what heap of s#it storm woul follow just having a firearm not holster not to mention wavering it around like a bat

User

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast