Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Guest House Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by gustavdp View Post
    Like I said if he was able to control his emotions and temperament, I'm pretty sure he would probably still be alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by jehan View Post
    Tazer gun per van might also changed the outcome
    But
    1 his actions bad for us gun owners cat in hat feul
    2 he is not worthy to be a gun owner

99% of fun owners won't act like this as we know what heap of s#it storm woul follow just having a firearm not holster not to mention wavering it around like a bat
    IMHO, I don't think we will ever see equipment like tazer's or personal body cams for any law enforcement in sunny South Africa.

Actually pretty well handled. The cops stayed cool until he grabbed the gun. They were not aggressive and appeared as if they hoped he would calm down. If they shot every drunk, drugged, gun brandishing idiot it would be a bloodbath.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    I am now more interested as to what happened here and what ammo failed like that?
    From a January, 2018 article:

The Firearm Blog reports the fact(link is external) in such terms:
    "That looks like a serious headache. I found this photo on Facebook it was reported that Rodrigo Moreira was a victim of a motorcycle robbery and the robbers shot the him in the head after taking his motorcyle at gun(link is external) point.
    There is little information as to the circumstances of the robbery. Was the Rodrigo wearing a helmet? How far away were the shooters? When did they shoot him? Was it point blank or did they shoot him as they fled?
    From the photo it appears to be a .45acp bullet lodged into the Rodrigo Moreira’s skull. If he was not wearing a helmet then the only explanation as to his survival(link is external) would be the cartridge was severely under powered.
    I vaguely recall a story about criminals policing up brass after a shooting(link is external), whether it was by the police or criminals, and they use the brass to reload ammo(link is external).
    If this were true then it is conceivable that Rodrigo may have been one lucky guy to have been shot by a shoddy reload."

https://www.gunsweek.com/en/ammuniti...ives-head-shot

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Actually pretty well handled. The cops stayed cool until he grabbed the gun. They were not aggressive and appeared as if they hoped he would calm down. If they shot every drunk, drugged, gun brandishing idiot it would be a bloodbath.
    And the polls would close early on election day.
    :motz:

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    IMHO, I don't think we will ever see equipment like tazer's or personal body cams for any law enforcement in sunny South Africa.
    True we can only guess how many millionaires would be walking around after showing body cams in court.. wrongful arrests and what not .. just to think how many dfo"s would be transferred lol now thats an idea or brain fart ...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Like I said if he was able to control his emotions and temperament, I'm pretty sure he would probably still be alive.
    This.

User

So this drunk fucktard grabs a gun from a cop...
    Then says "shoot me, shoot me" while his drunk wife is laughing in the back ground

And then one of the cops shoot him.

Only problem I see with this scenario is that he should have been dead on the ground when he had his own gun in his hand a few seconds earlier. From my perspective the only problem here is the quality of training the average cop gets.

If he was however handcuffed right at the beginning of his outburst he might still have been breathing without assistance.
    And if he wasnt a drunk fucktard then this thread would never have happened.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    So this drunk fucktard grabs a gun from a cop...
    Then says "shoot me, shoot me" while his drunk wife is laughing in the back ground

And then one of the cops shoot him.

Only problem I see with this scenario is that he should have been dead on the ground when he had his own gun in his hand a few seconds earlier. From my perspective the only problem here is the quality of training the average cop gets.

If he was however handcuffed right at the beginning of his outburst he might still have been breathing without assistance.
    And if he wasnt a drunk fucktard then this thread would never have happened.
    100% agreed!

The only extra stuff I heard was that the guest house was asking him to leave because he had a firearm - not sure if he had been brandishing it earlier on.

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    100% agreed!

The only extra stuff I heard was that the guest house was asking him to leave because he had a firearm - not sure if he had been brandishing it earlier on.
    How else would they know? - I have never been asked whether I'm carrying. Ever.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast