User

Default Puppy School - recommendations

Hi guys

We are getting an Irish Wolfhound puppy in a couple of weeks. Looking for a good puppy school in the North of Joburg (Sandton/Bryanston) and would like to hear some recommendations as opposed to relying on the Google.

Just given the size of the dog - it is going to be very important to train properly so it doesn't end up hurting people or breaking things.

Any testimonials worth sharing?

Thanks!

B20

User

Default Re: Puppy School - recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Hi guys

We are getting an Irish Wolfhound puppy in a couple of weeks. Looking for a good puppy school in the North of Joburg (Sandton/Bryanston) and would like to hear some recommendations as opposed to relying on the Google.

Just given the size of the dog - it is going to be very important to train properly so it doesn't end up hurting people or breaking things.

Any testimonials worth sharing?

Thanks!

B20
    Few of our dogs have gone through the Fourways veterinary clinic puppy program with my daughter and obedience training on Sunday mornings at Hamilton Park in Bryanston. Both were great. Was a good while back though so can't give current feedback.

Been taking our White Swiss Shepherd to Dog Handling Techniques in Lonehill since she was a pup. I highly recommend them.

https://dogtraininglonehill.co.za/

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

Any Hills Puppy School will be good to go. It looks like Lonehill is affiliated.

Also look at doing the CGC (Canine Good Citizen endorsed by KUSA) if you are thinking of taking your dog out with you frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks very much guys

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Few of our dogs have gone through the Fourways veterinary clinic puppy program with my daughter and obedience training on Sunday mornings at Hamilton Park in Bryanston. Both were great. Was a good while back though so can't give current feedback.
    I can vouch for Fourways, however that was from back in 2018, not sure how the experience is lately.