Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: S&B ammo shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    I really feel bad for you guys in the cape, your ammo prices are often insane.
    Still getting STV 9mm for R265 per 50 when buying bulk in JHB or S&B at R280 in Pretoria
    and S&B 6.5 Creedmoor SP at R399 per 20
    Come down to the Eastern Cape (PE), we don’t have to worry about increases because the shelves are continuously empty.
    The stuff you guys talk about, we haven’t seen since 2020.

It would seem that the importers protect the bigger distributors at the expense of the smaller/independent guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can positively confirm the following as I was speaking to the Wholesale Manager in the week regarding orders of S&B.

On Tuesday Guns n Bows received alot of S&B from oversees. This was 9mmP and Rifled ammunition. The only handgun ammunition that arrived was 9mmP.

They were busy this week unpacking and counting the stock. They then started working through the Backorders of dealers to start shipping it out.

This will take at least a week. As I was told there is close to 300 backorders.

So everyone should have S&B within the next week lets say 2 weeks with shipping.

No Big distributors gets protected by Guns n Bows I can confirm that. Make sure to ask your local dealer to this week order S&B unless they have already. As mentioned there is about 300 Backorders on ammunition. So they need to get their list in. Especially if they dont already have in.

So hold tight.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I can positively confirm the following as I was speaking to the Wholesale Manager in the week regarding orders of S&B.

On Tuesday Guns n Bows received alot of S&B from oversees. .

Any idea of what areas Guns & Bows serve ?
    All S&B in Gauteng seems to come from the other S&B importer Drinns in Durban

Its similar with HORNADY. Guns&Bows is a importer, but all Gauteng stock seems to com from the other importer Inyati

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Any idea of what areas Guns & Bows serve ?
    All S&B in Gauteng seems to come from the other S&B importer Drinns in Durban

Its similar with HORNADY. Guns&Bows is a importer, but all Gauteng stock seems to com from the other importer Inyati
    I believe they service all dealers who order from them. As they import Hornady and Ruger. As well as since the start of this year S&B.

On a note. With Hornady. G&B does not bring in any of the electronic stuff Hornady makes. This is due to customs. Customs requires on electrical items certain clearance papers. Which costs alot to do. And only valid couple of years. So G&B have not done this on those items. However I believe Inyathi has as they bring in the electrical units from Hornady.

Gauteng stores received a big shipment of S&B ammo this week putting many calibers back in stock

User

For the Durban guys, Southern Sky Operations has S&B in stock, prices seemed ok.

User

Hoping for some .38spl in gauteng

User

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    Hoping for some .38spl in gauteng
    @Welshman,

Greetings Sir, you can try and contact Camdix 011 660 2398 to see if they have stock, however they are located in Krugersdorp so it’s a bit far for you, if you are in Benoni.

https://www.camdixwapens.co.za/item/...158gr_ammo_50s

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @Welshman,

Greetings Sir, you can try and contact Camdix 011 660 2398 to see if they have stock, however they are located in Krugersdorp so it’s a bit far for you, if you are in Benoni.

https://www.camdixwapens.co.za/item/...158gr_ammo_50s
    I was in Camdix's shop 2 days ago and they had quite a few boxes of S&B that they were busy moving to their shelves. Not sure what calibers they got in, but I did notice some 357 Mag.

Far is somewhat relative. Camdix is more than 400km from where I stay. Still worth the trip I'd say.

Camdix has some S&B 158gr 38SPL for R399 per 50
    They had over 20 boxes left after I grabbed mine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2