Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Tyres for bakkie

Quote Originally Posted by s1llyb3ar View Post
    Was about to make a similar comment why wranglers aren't mentioned.
    Specially with the kevlar sidewall. price tag is also not something to be scared of and they perform well
    I agree, mine have served me well so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    Yes, and I have a set of General AT3 on my bakkie that have done 55 000KM without a single puncture or sidewall damage that also gets driven in rocky terrain fairly often in Eswatini. There are two specs for the AT3, a standard two ply sidewall version and the LT 3 ply sidewall version.

On my previous bakkie I used Firestone Destination. On neither set fitted were the tyres round and balancing was a nightmare. My dad changed from Bridgestone Dueler D694 on his Suzuki GV to Pirelli Scorpion ATR because he had endless issues with punctures and he is very happy with the Pirelli's performance.
    Is the 3ply not the X3? We have some on trailers. A M/T type Tyre.

For the Tyre size mentioned we pay sub R2k per Tyre. Get about 25000km per set of tires in our terrain. This daily driving. For those around PE area this is the Anne's Villa/Zuurberg Addo pass road as well as the Krom DR02027

User

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    Is the 3ply not the X3? We have some on trailers. A M/T type Tyre.

For the Tyre size mentioned we pay sub R2k per Tyre. Get about 25000km per set of tires in our terrain.
    The X3 is the mud terrain and is standard 3 ply sidewall but on the AT3 there are two versions. The LT (Light Truck) spec ones also have 3 ply sidewalls and are a bit more expensive. This was how it was presented to me by the manager at Best Drive when I fitted these to my bakkie and as stated 55 000KM and some very poor, rocky roads driven regularly and I have yet to sustain tyre damage.

The same cannot be said for the tyres on my boat trailer that is usually in tow when going to Eswatini. I have lost two tyres on the trailer in the last 6 months due to sidewall cuts and had another tyre lose a slice of sidewall, fortunately without losing air but unfortunately also needing to be replaced for safety reasons.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

BF Goodrich All Terrain. That is all.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    My Goodyears perform much better in the wet than BF AT ever did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Sexy tyre no doubt, but did you see what they cost now days. Just too much !!!

I had the Generals on my Ranger, did around 60k before I sold it, I was very happy with them, they perform well in sand and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    My Goodyears perform much better in the wet than BF AT ever did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I stopped using them after a few frights in the wet. Great off road but dangerous in the wet.

User

I have a q5 with Falken wildpeak at3w on it. When I took it for a test drive I was shocked how quiet they are on tar. Honestly thought it would sound bad .fuel economy seems fine for what the manufacturer claims.i honestly don’t like the falken brand but when doing some research online others were saying they pretty good. Here in Durban it has been raining a lot lately and I don’t have a issue with grip .Can’t speak for them other than that ,I have only had the vehicle for 2months.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I stopped using them after a few frights in the wet. Great off road but dangerous in the wet.
    Huh. You'd think I would have noticed after almost 20 years of running them. OTOH they are on Land-Rovers so you don't really expect the vehicle to be able to stop in the wet anyway...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Huh. You'd think I would have noticed after almost 20 years of running them. OTOH they are on Land-Rovers so you don't really expect the vehicle to be able to stop in the wet anyway...
    Oil on the driveway doesn't help..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast