Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Barrel threading in the Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions everyone

I spoke to Guncraft and they quoted 1350 for the threading and cap with a 1-1.5 week lead time.

I gave Jonker and sons a call as well based on your recommendations. They ask 1500 including a service, but they are unfortunately closed for new business until mid January. They can also do a silencer that doesn’t need a shoulder for 2800 which sounds tempting.

Mods, please edit if the commercial info is out of line.

Decisions, decisions…
    Rather wait till then. Or give Alfred a call at https://precisiongunssa.co.za/

They use to be Bullet Central.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Rather wait till then. Or give Alfred a call at https://precisiongunssa.co.za/

They use to be Bullet Central.
    Thanks Shooty

I had a chat with them and they ask around 1950 for the threading and cap, but no lead time. They also recommend the warrior silencer and can organize the order, beginning at 2700ish and going up depending on options.

User

I took it in to precision guns today. They’re going to order and for a warrior suppressor for me. Quote pending, I’ll update this thread once I have final costing.

Thank you for the advice everyone.

User

Hi everyone

Got my rifle back from Precision Guns last Friday.

The final cost for removing front site, threading, thread cap, and re-bluing the front sight area was just over 2800. If there was no front sight it would have saved around 900 rand.

I haven’t shot it yet, but I am very impressed with how neatly the work was done. It’s very difficult to see where the thread cap ends and the normal barrel begins.

I ended up opting for a warrior large suppressor with internal and external brakes. Precision guns sourced it for me for around 3900.

User

Make sure you know what the result will look like. A tread and cap can go for R1000, but then the cap is not “matched” to the barrel, it is a tread on cap with cerated features. If you need something you “don’t spot”, you definately going to pay more. Hope you understand my explanation.
    Hindsight, if the item shoots well with no problems, then you live with it.
    My 2c

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Basie2 View Post
    Make sure you know what the result will look like. A tread and cap can go for R1000, but then the cap is not “matched” to the barrel, it is a tread on cap with cerated features. If you need something you “don’t spot”, you definately going to pay more. Hope you understand my explanation.
    Hindsight, if the item shoots well with no problems, then you live with it.
    My 2c

Hi Basie

Thanks for your advice.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I already got the rifle back from them and the cap is very difficult to see.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    Hi Basie

Thanks for your advice.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I already got the rifle back from them and the cap is very difficult to see.
    That is good news. I had it both ways happened to me, thats why I mentioned it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2